Committed to equity and social justice, Victor Valley College will be the model of an innovative community college through exceptional student experiences that drive success, promote civic engagement, and meet community needs.
As a student-centered learning organization, we will uphold the following core values:
- Excellence - providing superior service and educational learning opportunities
- Integrity - guiding the college's actions with an internally consistent framework of principles
- Accessibility - facilitating access to the college's programs from other locations
- Diversity - valuing different points of view and contributions of all
- Collaboration - encouraging recursive interaction of knowledge experience and mutual learning of people who are working together toward a common creative goal
- Innovation - providing creative approaches to learning problem solving and growth
Victor Valley College, in partnership with the community, is dedicated to providing opportunities for student learning and success through academic advancement, workforce development, and personal growth.
- District Goal 1 - Student Experience and Success. VVC will empower students and cultivate excellence in student learning and achievement, transfer-level course completion, engagement, retention, persistence, graduation, transfer, and job placement for its graduates. VVC will champion an equity-minded frame that fosters responsible attitudes toward cultural diversity, personal responsibility, community engagement, inclusivity, and cultural humility.
- District Goal 2 - High Quality Practice/Excellence. VVC will continue to develop and implement high-impact, student-centered practices, showcasing VVC’s dynamic, diverse, and highly trained workforce, to promote equitable, innovative, and evidence-based best practices across all campus operations. VVC will continuously demonstrate the quality of its programs by conducting ongoing and systematic improvements using research, assessment, and the professional expertise of its workforce members.
- District Goal 3 - Institutional Learning. VVC will transform its environment through its investments in a culture of inquiry that emphasizes engaged and collaborative learning through action research. Such powerful scholarship across campus will inspire meaningful contributions to the workforce and local community to create world class innovative teaching and student service practices. In turn, VVC will empower a new generation of lifelong learners with multi-cultural and global competencies.