Office Phone: 760-245-4271, ext 2293
Location: Building 64 - Lower Campus
Dan Rowland, Instructor
BA, Vocational Education - CSU, San Bernardino
Dan Rowland has been teaching Automotive courses since 1989 at Victor Valley College, he currently is teaching courses in:
- Automotive Engine Repair and Rebuilding,
- Automotive Brakes Systems, and
- Automotive Suspension Systems.
He has also held classes in:
- Automotive Air Conditioning and Heating,
- 3 different Automotive Machinist courses,
- Intro To Automotive Repair,
- American Hot Rod Class.
Mr. Rowland has ASE ( National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence ) certifications in the following areas:
- Master in Automotive Repair,
- Master Automotive Engine Machinist,
- Master in Medium and Heavy Duty Truck repair,
- Master in School Bus repair, L1 ( advanced engine diagnostics),
- X1 ( undercar service ),
- G1 (general auto repair),
- Cg (compressed natural gas certification),
- P1 (parts counter),
- Service Writer Certification.
His education includes 6 years in the US Navy serving onboard a Ballistic Missile Submarine, Advanced electronics program and Guided missile systems. 20 plus years in the Automotive repair industry, Associates degree in math and science , from Victor valley College, and a Bachelor degree in Vocational Education from Cal State University San Bernardino.
Mr. Rowland is one of the full time instructors at Victor Valley College.
He has over 20 years of experience in the automotive repair business, he has been a repair technician in all facets in the business, including suspension alignment tech., brake tech., automotive machinist, air conditioning tech., and a repair shop foreman, and shop manager.
His hobbies include: hot rods and classic car shows, HO scale model railroading, and RV traveling around the country.
He attends NHRA Drag racing events occasionally racing his Pro street 71 camaro (pictured below).
Course Documents for Fall 2014
Course Documents can be obtained directly from Mr. Rowland.