One Book, One College Book Nomination Form
- Cultivates a cultural and intellectual shared reading experience between students, faculty, and staff.
- Creates a community of readers
- Improves critical reading and thinking skills
- Promotes readers to share diverse viewpoints
- Encourages faculty and staff to share their expertise and educational passion with the campus
Please participate by nominating a book you would like to teach or discuss in the 2021-2022 school year!
Nomination due date is January 8, 2021. The book selection will be announced at end of spring term.
An ideal candidate for the OBOC book of the year should:
- represent socially and culturally relevant issues found within society
- encourage student critical thinking about his/her community or other communities locally and globally
- create opportunity to strengthen and build relationships between student to student, faculty & staff to student, and faculty and staff as well.
- have broad appeal that makes useful in a variety of classes
- be reasonably priced
The information provided in this form will be sent to the directors of VVC’s One Book, One College program: Jamie Fisher & Brittany Morgan. Please provide as much information as possible.
Additional questions should be directed to Jamie.fisher@VVC.edu or Brittany.Morgan@VVC.edu
Click on Nomination here button to nominate your book.
Last Updated 11/18/20