Program Schedule & Costs
Track A – Begins January and ends December, applications start June
Track B – Begins June and ends June of following year, applications start January
State/National Registry testing Track A
Graduation Track A
- EMS 80 Paramedic Anatomy & Physiology Track A
- EMS 81 Paramedic Introduction to EMS Track A
- EMS-85 Paramedic Clinical Track B
- EMS-82 Paramedic Cardiology Track A
- EMS-83 Paramedic Pharmacology Track A
- EMS-84 Emergency Medical Services Track A
- EMS-86 Paramedic Field Internship Track B
Track B Program State/National Registry testing
Graduation Track B
- EMS 80 Paramedic Anatomy & Physiology Track B
- EMS 81 Paramedic Introduction to EMS Track B
- EMS-85 Paramedic Clinical Track A
- EMS-82 Paramedic Cardiology Track B
- EMS-83 Paramedic Pharmacology Track B
- EMS-84 Emergency Medical Services Track B
- EMS-86 Paramedic Field Internship Track A
***A minimum of an 80% must be achieved on all final written and skills exams in order for advancement to next course in series (EMS 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 and 86) and graduation.
The Faculty and Staff at Victor Valley College have worked diligently to reduce the costs of paramedic education for all students. Realizing that education can inherently come with many sacrifices on the part of the student and the college district through reduced funding, we are determined not to sacrifice the quality of the education that we provide for you towards becoming a competent and well-trained paramedic.
Leveraging industry partnerships, private / public grants, and administrative support, the Victor Valley College EMS Department is able to provide a state-of-the-art, technologically advanced educational experience without passing along the cost to the student. In the Winter of 2015, we implemented a fee structure that reduces overall student costs to less than $4000 for the entire program and provides the following to each student:
- Digital library of most textbooks used in the program (e-books)
- Hard copies of textbooks not currently in e-format
- iPad mini 3 (if you do not currently own one or have the required device - 64 GB minimum w/ WiFi capability)
- Digital testing format for all exams and quizzes
- Web-based skills / clinical and field tracking tool
- Background check
- Drug screening
The Victor Valley College fee schedule currently assesses $46 per unit. There are additional fees for parking and ASB memberships. Our program is 40.5 units and has a fee assessment schedule to cover all of the above listed items as follows:
- EMS 80 - $550 materials fee + $161 unit fee @ $46 / unit (3.5 units) - this fee will be waived if you have the required device already (iPad mini 3 - 64 GB w/ Wi-Fi capability)
- EMS 81 - $800 materials fee + $161 unit fee @ $46 / unit (3.5 units)
- EMS 82 - $200 materials fee + $207 unit fee @ $46 / unit (4.5 units)
- EMS 83 - $200 materials fee + $161 unit fee @ $46 / unit (3.5 units)
- EMS 84 - $200 materials fee + $460 unit fee @ $46 / unit (10 units)
- EMS 85 - $184 unit fee @ $46 / unit (4 units) - no materials fees assessed
- EMS 86 - $529 unit fee @ $46 / unit (11.5 units) - no materials fees assessed
*See Track schedule above for course enrollment schedule to get a sense of when these fees will be assessed. Some courses (such as EMS 80 & 81 / EMS 82 & 83) are run concurrently during the semester.
**Fees do not include NREMT licensing exam at the end of the program or graduation costs. These two items can be offset by the class through fundraising or donations specifically earmarked for these purposes. The VVCCD (Victor Valley Community College District) does not financially support the Paramedic Graduation ceremony.
***Financial Aid and payment plans may be available for unit and materials fee costs. More information will be given at the orientation once the candidate has been accepted to the program. A representative from the Financial Aid department will be present to answer questions and provide guidance.
****Fee schedule is subject to change by the State Chancellors Office. Materials Fees are approved by the VVC Board of Trustees through a process of transparency and demonstrated benefit to the student.
***** Some or all of the materials fees may be waived for returning students (exited out of the program for academics, self-withdraw, etc) that have already been assessed these fees - depending on where the exit point was for that student.