Pathway to Engineering is part of the VVC STEM Division
The goal of this pathway is to assist students in their engineering preparation followed by successful transfer to complete their Bachelor's Degree.
The VVC Engineering Pathway includes:
- required lower division general education courses
- required major preparation courses including one year or more of calculus and calculus based Physics
Some engineering options to pursue after VVC include the following examples:
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering – Electrical Engineers focus on design, development, testing, and supervising the manufacturing of electrical equipment like motors, radar systems, and power generation. Electronic engineers focus on design and development of broadcast systems and GPS devices.
- Mechanical Engineering – Mechanical Engineers research, design, develop, build, and test mechanical and thermal sensors and devices. Engineers work with tools, engines, machines, and design machines such as elevators and escalators.
For more information on engineering careers, please visit www.bls.gov.
- Universities of California
- California State Universities
- private colleges/universities
- out of state public and private colleges/universities
Participation in this pathway does not guarantee admission to any particular college/university.
For more information on California public colleges/universities, visit www.assist.org.
Meet with a VVC counselor for guidance in selecting your courses.
Last Updated 10/29/19