Academic Senate meets the first Thursday of each month at 3:30pm
Fall 2021: Oct. 7, Nov. 4, Dec. 2
Spring 2022: March 3, April 7, May 5, June 2
Executive Officers 2020-2022
President: Dr. Henry Young - Office Hours: Monday 1-4:00pm; Thursday 2-3:00pm (Bldg 42, Room 1)
Vice-President: Lynne Glickstein
Past President: Lee Bennett
Secretary: Leslie Huiner
Treasurer: David Gibbs
Area Representatives 2020-2022
Academic Commons: Julia Wendt
Advanced Technology Center & Child Development: Peter Francev, Justin Mott
Allied Health & Nursing: Tiana Gray, Terry Truelove
At-Large: Tim Adell, Khalid Rubayi
Counseling & Library: Kelley Beach, Jacqueline Stahlke
Kinesiology: Debby Blanchard
Liberal Arts: Tracy Davis, Patty Golder
Part-Time Faculty: Jamey Cooper, Leontine Jefferies, David Wilkerson
Performing Arts Center: Ed Heaberlin
Regional Public Safety Training Center: Christi Myers
Science: Richard Cerreto, Jessica Gibbs
Vocational: Regina Pierce Brown
10 Plus 1
Title 5 Section 53200 (b): Academic Senate means an organization whose primary function is to make recommendations with respect to academic and professional matters. Section 53200 (c): "Academic and professional matters" means the following policy development and implementation matters:
- Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites and placing courses within disciplines.
- Degree and certificate requirements.
- Grading policies.
- Educational program development.
- Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success.
- District and college governance structures, as related to faculty roles.
- Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes, including self-study and annual reports.
- Policies for faculty professional development activities.
- Processes for program review.
- Processes for institutional planning and budget development.
- Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon between the governing board and the academic senate.