DREAMERS | Welcome: AB 540, AB 2000, & SB 68


AB540/Dreamer VVC Logo


Free Immigration Legal Services Available for
California Community College Students at all 115 California Community Colleges!

Click here for more information.


Make a Counseling Appointment!

General/Pathway Counseling (If you are in a Categorical Program, please see below):

  • Call our front desk at 760-245-4271 ext. 2296, or

  • Log into your MyVVC and click on the "Appointments" link, and follow the instructions. (check daily at midnight for new openings). Click here for video demonstration. 

  • Stop by the Student Services Center (One-Stop, Bldg. 23) and visit the Counseling Desk

Transfer Counseling

  • Stop by the Student Services Center (One-Stop, Bldg. 23) and visit the Transfer Center, or
  • Call 760-245-4271 ext. 2138


Victor Valley College (VVC) supports the educational, personal, and career growth and development of our students and embraces a diverse student population. AB 540 students, also known as DREAMERS, are students who presently do not have legal residency status in the United States. In 2001, the state of California made it possible for AB 540 students to attend a California Community College (CCC), California State University (CSU), and a University of California (UC) and pay in-state resident tuition as long as the student meets the following requirements:

  • Attended a California high school/adult school for at least three years;
  • Graduated from a California high school/adult school, passed the GED/HiSET or passed the California High School Proficiency Exam;
  • Are registered or enrolled at a public institution of higher education in California;
  • Complete an AB 540 California Nonresident Exemption Request 
  • Notice: If you don't meet the requirements for AB540, students may be eligible for in-state tuition via AB 2000 or SB 68 and the CA Dream Act by viewing this grid and meeting with a VVC Counselor.
    AB 2000 & SB 68 also identify as DREAMERS.


In addition to applying to VVC, DREAMERS will need to provide proof (documentation) that they meet the above requirements by submitting the below documents/forms to Admissions and Records (Bldg. 23):

  1. Official high school/adult school transcripts (sealed);
  2. Original high school/adult school diploma, or GED or HiSET pass results/scores; and
  3. AB540 California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request  

DREAMERS are eligible to apply for and participate in the following programs (please contact each department to obtain more information about their requirements):

We are here to assist you in achieving your goals at VVC! For additional assistance, please visit the various links on the left navigation. 

-Your AB540 Allies