DREAMERS | Welcome: AB 540, AB 2000, SB 68, and SB 1141


AB540/Dreamer VVC Logo


7th annual Undocumented Student Action Week (USAW) is back! Join us from Oct 16-20, 2023 for empowering webinars & workshops, advocating for undocumented students' belonging. #USAW2023

To register for webinars, sign-up here!


Free Immigration Legal Services Available for
California Community College Students!

Click here for details and to make your appointment.

Make a Counseling Appointment!

General/Pathway Counseling (If you participate in a Categorical Program, please see below):

  • Call our front desk at 760-245-4271 ext. 2296, or

  • Send an email to vvcounseling@vvc.edu requesting an appointment

  • Stop by the Student Services Center (One-Stop, Bldg. 23) and visit the Counseling Desk

Transfer Counseling

  • Stop by the Student Services Center (One-Stop, Bldg. 23) and visit the Transfer Center, or

  • Call 760-245-4271 ext. 2138

  • Email: transfer@vvc.edu 


Victor Valley College (VVC) supports the educational, personal, and career growth and development of our students and embraces a diverse student population. AB 540 students, also known as DREAMERS, are students who presently do not have legal residency status in the United States. In 2001, the state of California made it possible for AB 540 students to attend a California Community College (CCC), California State University (CSU), and a University of California (UC) and pay in-state resident tuition as long as the student meets the following requirements:

  • Three or more years of full-time attendance at California high schools, California Adult Schools, campuses of the California Community Colleges (noncredit or credit courses), or a combination of these;
  • Graduated from a California high school/adult school or equivalent (diploma, certificate of completion, GED, HiSET, or TASC); attainment of an associate degree from a California Community College; fulfillment of the minimum transfer requirements established for the University of California (UC) or the California State University (CSU) for students transferring from a California Community College;
  • Complete an AB 540 California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request 
  • Notice: Students can apply as an AB540 student because AB540, AB 2000, SB 68, and SB 1141 were incorporated into Ed Code Section 68130.5 expanding AB 540 eligibility. Review this grid for details and we encourage you to meet with a VVC counselor.

In addition to submitting an admissions application to VVC, DREAMERS are required to provide proof (documentation) that they meet the above requirements by submitting the documents/forms below to Admissions and Records (Bldg. 23):

  1. Official high school, adult school, and/or California Community College transcripts (sealed);
  2. Original high school or adult school diploma, GED or HiSET pass results/scores, or California Community College degree
  3. AB540 California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request  

DREAMERS are eligible to apply for and participate in the following programs (please contact each department to obtain more information about their requirements):

We are here to assist you in achieving your goals at VVC!
For any help on the required procedures, counseling, or financial aid, please contact us
-AB 540 Allies

Riverside City College Student Support DREAMers Program