BASIC SKILLS :: English Modules
The English classes offered by the basic skills program at VVC are divided into six modules:
- BSKL - 10A Word Knowledge and Vocabulary Development: Students develop their vocabulary skills by learning how to use contextual clues, word structure and memorization techniques.
- BSKL - 10B Paragraph Reading Comprehension and Vocabulary Development: Students continue to develop their vocabulary skills and begin working on recognizing topics and main ideas in paragraphs.
- BSKL - 10C Reading Comprehension and Vocabulary Development: Students complete their vocabulary development program and continue working on recognizing topics and main ideas using longer passages and essays.
- BSKL - 11A Sentence Writing Skills: Students learn how to generate ideas for writing and how to construct sentences in Standard English using principles of spelling and grammar.
- BSKL - 11B Paragraph Writing Skills: Students continue developing techniques for generating ideas and begin writing paragraph in Standard English using principles of spelling and grammar.
- BSKL - 11C Essay Writing and Editing Skills: Students continue practicing techniques for developing ideas and learn how paragraphs are constructed and organized into essays. Students learn editing skills to correct spelling, grammatical and format errors.