How Do I Enroll In Cooperative Education?
How can Cooperative Education benefit students in their education?
Cooperative Education is a college class which offers YOU an opportunity to complete your elective credits for graduation through new and improved learning experiences at your worksite. Up to 16 units of occupational work experience are accepted for transfer to Cal State Universities (CSU) and may be accepted at other universities. Your worksite can become a training site and you can help yourself and your employer too!
Cooperative Education gives you an opportunity to document the on-going training that occurs at your job site each day. How? Enroll in Cooperative Education today! You can then validate your on-the-job training through education, and thereby enhance both your education and your opportunities for professional growth at your work place. All this and college elective credit too! Students have no classroom time; your job site is your classroom. However, there are two required appointments during the semester.
Look at the options Cooperative Education can offer you:
- College credit
- Career guidance in a realistic setting
- An opportunity to apply classroom learning on the job
- Networking and job contacts
- An opportunity to recognize changing job conditions and job prospects
- A chance to learn what you can do well and what you enjoy doing
- An opportunity to experience socialization in the work place
- Challenges and rewards
- Transferable college units (Cal State Universities (CSU) and some private schools).
What a great opportunity--don't hesitate!
Ask us about our 16-week, 12-week, and 8-week classes. We also offer an 8-week summer class.
How to enroll:
- Check with the Cooperative Education office prior to online registration through Webadvisor at http://webadvisor.vvc.edu, if you have questions regarding enrollment. The Cooperative Education office is located in the northwest corner of the Academic Commons, bldg. 42, office D. We are open Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM-1:00 PM and 2:00-5:00 PM during the Fall/Spring semesters and Monday-Thursday, 8:30 AM-1:00 PM. and 2:00-5:00 PM during the Summer session. Contact us at (760) 245-4271, ext 2281 or E-mail: email@example.com.
- Locate section numbers online through WebAdvisor under each major.
- Students who are enrolling in 12-week or 8-week courses for the Fall or Spring semesters or the 8-week Summer session will need to obtain an authorization code from the Cooperative Education office.
- Purchase the Cooperative Education Notebook ($19.95 plus tax) at the Rams Bookstore and read the Student Handbook immediately.
- Go to the Cooperative Education office located in the Academic Commons, Bldg. 42, office D and complete the current semester paperwork for the Cooperative Education class.
- Only first-semester Cooperative Education students need to view the orientation video when the semester begins. The orientation website is listed on the syllabus.
- After viewing the Cooperative Education orientation video submit the quiz to the Cooperative Education office.
- If you are a returning Cooperative Education student, and have previously viewed orientation, you do not have to watch the orientation. Instead, please contact the office for the new class instructions prior to start of class. You need to complete NEW semester paperwork.
Last Updated 1/6/17