skip navigation

This page is designed for modern browsers. You will have a better experience with a better browser.

Print this page - graphicPrint this page


        This refers to job-related injuries or illnesses.     

FIRST and foremost, if you need EMERGENCY medical attention, dial 911 !!

If you believe you may have been injured or ill during the performance of your work assignment, you must report this to the Human Resources office within 24 hours whether or not medical care is desired.   You may refer to the applicable bargaining agreement for additional information.    The initial report and additional claim forms are located in Human Resources in Building 10.   Call extension 2328 or 2486.

If your work-related injury occurs outside normal business hours, you may report your accident to campus police; be sure to identify yourself as an employee if the injury/illness occurred during your work assignment.  You will then follow-up as needed in Human Resources the next available work day.

It's important that any job-related accident or illness be on file even if you don't wish medical attention immediately.     VVC is very serious about maintaining and enhancing safe work conditions; with your report on file, depending on how and why you were injured, safety issues can be addressed. 

If you need or desire medical care for an injury or illness you believe to be job-related, you will be given an authorization for medical services.  If this injury occurs outside normal business hours and you need immediate attention, you may seek care at the nearest hospital emergency room, or call Central Desert Industrial Medical Group at 760-242-7003.

VVC maintains a Medical Provider Network (MPN) for injured employees.  

   Click here for the Covered Employee Notification of Rights Materials, for the MPN 5-page notice.

In addition, benefits-eligible employees may pre-designate a physician in case of future job-related injuries or illnesses.  Once completed and signed by the employee and the designated physician, this form is placed in the employee personnel file for future worker's compensation claims.

   Click here for a Pre-Designated Physician form (Benefits-eligible employees only)