Welcome | Institutional Effectiveness & Research
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Research (IER) provides leadership in the planning, organization, direction and administration of:
VVC's educational master plan and related plans;
accreditation and assessment of institutional effectiveness;
data collection, analysis, and reporting;
program development; and
grant proposal development.
Empowering VVC workforce members with access to valid, reliable, relevant data and analysis that they use to improve their programs.
Aligned with the mission and institutional commitment of Victor Valley College, IER enables the District in its evaluation, planning, and improvement efforts. Focused areas are federal reporting, apportionment reporting, enrollment management, and the certification of data as delivered to Victor Valley College's internal and external stakeholders. See IER Master Plan 2012.
Research, analysis and knowledge management
Organizational evaluation and development
Service Area Outcomes:
- Customer Service - OIE web pages are accessible to all stakeholders and provide a variety of relevant data, information, and analysis to meet key reporting and decision-making needs.
- Maintaining Quality - OIE services, reports, and tools are reliable, relevant, timely, and useful.
Methods of Assessment
- Website analytics (even years)
- Customer Survey (odd years)
- Customer service: Increase utilization rate from baseline and mean rating of 5.5 on relevance to customer need
- Maintaining quality: (1) Mean rating of 5.5 on items related to quality, effectiveness, and efficiency; (2) increased user activity in terms of page views, time spent, and reduced bounce rates.
- 55% of respondents access online program review-related information less often than monthly
- 56% of respondents strongly agree that online program review-related information is useful
- 56% of respondents strongly agree that online program review-related information is relevant and timely
- 50% of respondents strongly disagree that online program review-related information is presented in a user-friendly fashion
- 61% of respondents never access or access less often then monthly any information on the IER website
- 80% of respondents never access or access less often then monthly reports on the IRpool
Action for Improvement
- Findings support the need to improve how information is delivered to users (Source, IER User Survey, AY 2016-2017).
Phone: (760) 245-4271, extension 2414
Institutional Research Coordinator
Phone: (760) 245-4271, extension 2648
Administrative Secretary II
Phone: (760) 245-4271, extension 2432
Phone: (760) 245-4271, extension 2477
Research Analyst - RAMP Up Grant
Phone: (760) 245-4271, extension 2529
Last Updated 2/9/18