About Our Campus
Victor Valley Community College uplifts the diverse communities we teach and serve by promoting educational excellence, enhancing local prosperity, and ensuring environmental leadership.
As a student-centered learning organization, we will uphold the following core values:
- Excellence - providing superior service and educational learning opportunities
- Integrity - guiding the college's actions with an internally consistent framework of principles
- Accessibility - facilitating access to the college's programs from other locations
- Diversity - valuing different points of view and contributions of all
- Collaboration - encouraging recursive interaction of knowledge experience and mutual learning of people who are working together toward a common creative goal
- Innovation - providing creative approaches to learning problem solving and growth
The mission of Victor Valley Community College is to:
- Cultivate intellectual growth, social responsibility, environmental stewardship, cultural enrichment, and economic development.
- Create exceptional and accessible lifelong learning opportunities that afford students within our expanding communities the attainment of knowledge and skills necessary for success in the global economy.
- Embrace difference in our communities by integrating their wealth of multicultural knowledge and wisdom into a cohesive and resourceful learning environment for all.
- Inspire innovative teaching and service with imaginative uses of collaboration and technology, fostering vibrant programs that are measurably effective in addressing student learning and community needs.
- Empower each student to learn by modeling academic integrity, democratic citizenship, and meaningful contribution to society.
The goals of Victor Valley Community College are to:
- Fiscal Stability. The College's financial resources will remain sufficient to support quality programs and services, and the ongoing improvement of all college operations.
- Student Success. The College's courses, programs, and support services advance student success.
- Accreditation Recommendations. All recommendations from the ACCJC will be fully addressed to reaffirm and maintain the College's accreditation status.
- Image. The College's reputation among High Desert residents will be that of a quality institution of higher education.