May 25, 2019
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

RamPage Victor Valley College

April 30, 2001                                                    Volume 11 Issue 5                                                             Page 3

Upcoming VVC events

They'll show you the money

federally funded. Because these are grants, students are not required to pay the money back.
     The Federal Work Study allows students to work and earn money to pay for school expenses. These jobs can be worked around students' schedules.
     Direct Loans have entrance and exit exams to educate students on taking loans. One example is the William D. Ford Loan, which requires students to pay back the money.
     To apply for state grants, students must be California residents. They must

qualify for aid and turn in a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Applications are available at VVC's financial aid office, or, or students can write to the Department of Education.
     There are three types of State Grants: A, B and C. Cal Grant A is not available at two-year colleges, but can be received at four-year institutions upon request. Cal Grant gives living allowances to low-income students in vocational programs. Vocational classes include welding, food handler's license, and more.

Athletics | About Our Campus | Accreditation   | Bookstore | Campus Life  | College Catalogs  | College General Information (pdf) | College Maps |  Events of Community  | Job Openings | High Desert Higher Education Center |  Institutional Research | Library | President's Office | Employee Services |   VVC Foundation | Contact Webmaster
All Content � 2010 Victor Valley Community College  All rights reserved.
18422 Bear Valley Rd. • Victorville, CA 92392-5849 •           (760) 245-4271
Last Updated: 6/12/07