skip navigation

This page is designed for modern browsers. You will have a better experience with a better browser.

Print this page - graphicPrint this page


Admission Guarantees

TAG agreements may guarantee admission to a university upon completion of the specific TAG requirements.  Agreements do not necessarily guarantee admission to the major of your choice at the receiving institution.


CSU Admission Guarantees - AA-T/AS-T Degrees

Under the Student Transfer Achievement Reform Act (SB 1440-Padilla), California Community Colleges provide guaranteed admissions to a CSU when a student has completed an Associate of Arts for Transfer (AA-T) or Associate of Science for Transfer (AS-T) degree that requires completion of specific general education (CSU GE or IGETC) and major preparation courses. Upon completion of the Associate for Transfer degree (AA-T or AS-T), a student is eligible and guaranteed transfer as a junior to a CSU campus. A select number of majors participate in this program for each CSU. To find out which majors VVC offers toward the AA-T/AS-T degree, visit VVC Associate Degrees for Transfer. For more information about the AA-T/AS-T Guaranteed Admissions Associate Degrees for Transfer, please visit or


UC Transfer Admission Guarantees (TAG)

Seven UC campuses offer TAG's.  Each school's TAG has certain criteria such as a minimum number of units, subjects, and GPA that are typically above the minimum admission requirements.  To learn more about TAG, and/or to start a TAG application, click Transfer Admission Guarantees (will open in a separate window).  To find out about campus-specific requirements to qualify for a UC TAG click on the 2015-2016 UC TAG MATRIX link [pdf].

Each of the links below will take you to the individual TAG websites for each campus in a separate window.  Remember that some majors also have specific requirements.

VVC is offering UC TAG Workshops during the month of September. Stop by for assistance!

Private University Admission Guarantees/Articulation Agreements

There are private and out-of-state universities that offer admission guarantees to community college students.  Each will have unique criteria. The below private/out-of-state universities presently have transfer agreements with VVC. For additional questions, please contact the university or visit the VVC Transfer Center (Bldg. 55).