skip navigation

This page is designed for modern browsers. You will have a better experience with a better browser.

Print this page - graphicPrint this page


Many of our students plan to transfer to 4-year colleges and universities. There are many options for transfer:

Each institution has its own unique requirements. In general, there are three things for any transfer student to consider:

  1. Transfer Admissions requirements: In other words, what the college or university is looking for in terms of transfer GPA, course requirements, units, etc.
  2. Lower Division Major Preparation: Courses to be completed at the community college that satisfy requirements for your major. It is best to complete all of the lower division major preparation prior to transfer. Some schools will not admit students who have not done so.
  3. General Education: General Education: Everyone must complete general education, regardless of major. There are advantages to completing all of the lower division general education requirements prior to transfer. Each school has a unique set of general education requirements, but if you are planning to transfer to the UC or CSU you have some options. Consult the VVC Catalog for the most current list of courses to meet the GE transfer requirements. Additionally, handouts are available in the Student Transition Center, the Transfer Center, and Counseling.

CSU Options

  • CSU (California State University) GE Certification Plan
  • IGETC (Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum)
  • CSU Campus GE pattern

UC Options

It is important to consult with a counselor on specific requirements for transfer. You should also visit the Transfer Center to gather information and to explore your options.

Victor Valley College maintains articulation agreements (a contract between two schools that outlines course equivalencies) with many colleges and universities, both public and private. You may access many of our articulation agreements via the internet at

VVC has guaranteed transfer admission agreements with CSU, San Bernardino, UC, Riverside, and Azusa Pacific University. Consult with a counselor for more information.