Upward Bound is a FREE TRIO Program, funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Education awarded to serve 60 eligible high school students from target sites with year round services that support academic success, graduation, college enrollment and attainment of a bachelor degree.
Victor Valley College Upward Bound accepts student applications from the following high schools: Hesperia, Silverado and Victor Valley.
The Upward Bound Program :
- Connects participants with tutorial assistance that promotes academic success.
- Inspires participants to develop leadership qualities and abilities.
- Personalizes college preparation for participants through personal counseling, academic advising and mentoring activities.
- Focuses on academic achievement, career development, and financial literacy.
- Engages participants in a unique Summer Academy college experience.
- Instructs participants in specific academic areas of English, Math, Science and Foreign Language including other challenging coursework.
- Exposes participants to cultural enrichment events and field trips.
- Supports and encourage participants with the pursuit of higher education.
- Provides guidance with college and university entrance requirements.
- Assists with college, university and financial aid applications.