Upward Bound | Welcome
Upward Bound is a FREE TRiO Program, funded by the Department of Education designed to assist eligible high school students with preparation for postsecondary education and attainment of a bachelor degree. Our program services 59 participants from the following target high schools: Hesperia, Silverado and Victor Valley.
Students selected to participate in Upward Bound must meet program eligibility requirements.
Program Services and Activities
Provided to participants during the Academic Year and Summer Program:
- Academic advisement with emphasis on the A - G requirements
- Weekly after-school tutoring at the participants' high schools
- Monthly Saturday Academies at Victor Valley College
- Educational field trips and cultural enrichment activities
- College and university tours
- Annual six-week college experience Summer Academy
- Annual senior retreats/workshops for high school senior participants
- College workshops for participants and their parents/guardians
- CAHSEE, ACT and SAT Preparation
- One-on-one assistance with financial aid, scholarships, and college admissions applications
Purpose of the Upward Bound Program
- To inspire and instruct participants in specific academic areas of English, Math, Science and Foreign Language.
- Provide participants with a unique college experience.
- To encourage students to pursue a higher education.
- To provide participants personalized college preparation through personal counseling, academic advising and tutorial assistance.
- Expose participants to cultural enrichment events and field trips.
- Provide college and university entrance advisement.
- Focus on academic achievement, career development, and financial assistance.