BE A PUENTE MENTOR
"It takes one - one person, one unexpected possibility,
one ordinary moment of insight to create a life-changing experience." 
It takes a special person to be a MENTOR. Over 400 organizations and 4,000 professionals donate time and resources annually to Puente students. Being a MENTOR requires a unique individual who is willing and able to give significant amounts of time, energy and dedication. MENTORS are in a position of exposing students to interests, opportunities and resources that otherwise would be missed.
Who can be a mentor?
- Anyone who is caring, supportive, and able to be a positive role model.
- Four-year college graduates who are committed to making a difference.
- You will help to build the next generation of leaders and professionals.
- You will gain a great deal of satisfaction helping someone reach their full potential.
- Provide students with support, encouragement and friendship.
- Build a student's confidence in his/her abilities to succeed.
When do you get started?
- You will be matched with a student once you have completed the interview process.
- Interviews and Training are scheduled at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters.
Where can you get more information?
- Contact Eartha Johnson, (760) 245-4271, ext. 2629, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the links on the left to navigate through the Puente pages.
 Excerpt from "Because You Believed In Me" - McMullen and Miller