JOIN PUENTE AND CHANGE YOUR FUTURE!
HOW DO YOU QUALIFY?
- Be eligible to take English 45 in the Fall and English 101 in the Spring
- Be committed to taking ENGL 45 & GUID 101 in Fall
- Be committed to taking ENGL 101 & GUID 107 in Spring
- Have a desire to transfer to a four-year college or university
- Enroll in no more than 14 units, each semester, during the first year
WHY SHOULD YOU GET INVOLVED?
- Community college students in Puente transfer at a higher rate (47%) than non-Puente students (27%)
- You will meet successful professionals who can help you develop your career goals
- You can learn how to make your dreams become a reality
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
- All students who wish to transfer to a four-year college or university
- All students who want to develop leadership and networking skills
- All students who are interested in exploring multi-cultural experiences
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- English and Guidance classes dedicated to Puente students only
- Ongoing academic and career counseling until transfer
- Mentoring, internship and community service opportunities