- VA clinic Victorville - http://www.lomalinda.va.gov/visitors/Victorville.asp
- VVC Veterans Club - http://www.vvc.edu/veterans/veterans-club.shtml
- High Desert Vet Center - http://www2.va.gov/directory/guide/facility.asp?ID=5908&dnum=1
- Veterans Affairs Los Angeles - http://www2.va.gov/directory/guide/facility.asp?ID=262&dnum=3
- GI Bill - http://www.gibill.va.gov/
- VA Educational Benefits Payment Rates - http://www.gibill.va.gov/GI_Bill_Info/rates.htm
- VA Education Forms - http://www.gibill.va.gov/GI_Bill_Info/education_forms.htm
- Free Educational and Vocational Counseling Services - https://www.gibill.va.gov/GI_Bill_Info/Counseling.htm
- Department of Veterans Affairs: 1-800-827-1000 - For information on benefits available to veterans
- Assistance for homeless veterans: http://www.va.gov/homeless/
- Center for Minority Veterans: http://www.va.gov/centerforminorityveterans
- Center for Women Veterans: http://www.va.gov/womenvet/
- My HealtheVet - https://www.myhealth.va.gov/index.html
- eBenefits - www.ebenefits.va.gov/
- Benefit rate table - http://www.gibill.va.gov/resources/benefits-resources/rates-tables.html
- GI Bill Calculator - http://www.newgibill.org/calculator/
- Military.com - http://www.military.com/
School required documents:
- Veteran forms
- Financial aid forms
- Admissions (provide copy of DD-214 to be granted priority registration)
- eVetRecs - To obtain copies of your DD 214 - http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/
- Counseling (counselor will need to evaluate transcripts to complete education plan)
- Army transcripts - http://aarts.army.mil/
- Marine Corps & Navy Transcripts - https://smart.navy.mil/smart/welcome.do
- Air Force Transcripts - http://www.au.af.mil/au/ccaf/
Obtaining Military Transcripts
In order to complete an Educational Plan for VA you must provide copies of all transcripts for all prior coursework from all schools attended (community colleges, universities, vocational schools, etc.) as well as military transcripts. Unofficial transcripts are ok for an Educational Plan but official transcripts are required in order to receive degrees or admission to CSU, UC and programs such as Nursing, Respiratory Therapy, etc.
Below are links for obtaining military transcripts:
ARMY, COAST GUARD, MARINE CORPS, NAVY
These military branches now use the Joint Services Transcript system (JST System)
The link will bring up a page titled “USG Warning and Consent Banner”
Read the information and click on the “OK” button at the bottom.
You must login to use the JST System. If you do not have a Common Access Card (CAC) reader then click on “REGISTER” for a JST account. Follow the instructions for creating a User Name, Password, etc. Once you’ve logged in, look for the “Transcripts” link and print your personal transcript and/or request your official transcript.
Scroll down, find and click on “Order Transcripts Online” link.
Read, follow instructions and complete required information for requesting transcripts.
Funding for Military Spouses
Welcome to the Debt Management Center (DMC) Homepage