AB540/2000 & SB68 - DREAMERS | Welcome


AB540/Dreamer VVC Logo

Western Governors University
Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 5:30 pm
Dreamers Information Session 
Register here: www.wgu.edu/cccdreamers 


VVC is closed to the public. However, essential staff will be in the office (One Stop Center, Bldg. 23) Monday to Friday between
8:00am to 5:00pm to answer emails and phone calls.

Resources for Undocumented Student/Families (impacted by COVID-19):

Counseling Appointments

Making a counseling appointment via phone/Zoom
(Zoom appointments: please create a zoom account online or through the Zoom app from your smart phone):

  • General Counseling:

  • Call our front desk at 760-245-4271 ext. 2531 or 2296, or

  • Log into your MyVVC and click on the "Appointments" link, and follow the instructions. (check daily at midnight for new openings) Click here for video demonstration 

  • Transfer Counseling:

  • Call (760) 245-4271 ext. 2139 to schedule a phone or Zoom appointment (for Zoom appointments you will be provided with a Personal Meeting ID# to enter the meeting during your scheduled appointment time)

We look forward to serving you during this time. All correspondence, counseling appointments, and workshops will be done via phone or Zoom.

Stay safe and healthy during this time. We appreciate your support and understanding as we make these changes to serve our students.


VVC Counselors

Victor Valley College (VVC) supports the educational, personal, and career growth and development of our students and embraces a diverse student population. AB 540 students, also known as DREAMERS, are students who presently do not have legal residency status in the United States. In 2001, the state of California made it possible for AB 540 students to attend a California Community College (CCC), California State University (CSU), and a University of California (UC) and pay in-state resident tuition as long as the student meets the following requirements:

  • Attended a California high school/adult school for at least three years;
  • Graduated from a California high school/adult school, passed the GED/HiSET or passed the California High School Proficiency Exam;
  • Are registered or enrolled at a public institution of higher education in California;
  • Complete an AB 540 California Nonresident Exemption Request 
  • Notice: If you don't meet the requirements for AB540, please see if you meet the requirements for in-state tuition (via AB2000 or SB68) and the CA Dream Act by viewing this grid.

In addition to applying to VVC, AB 540 students will need to provide proof (documentation) that they meet the above requirements by submitting the below documents/forms to Admissions and Records (Bldg. 23):

  1. Official high school/adult school transcripts (sealed);
  2. Original high school/adult school diploma, or GED or HiSET pass results/scores; and
  3. AB540 California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request  

AB 540 students are eligible to apply for and participate in the following programs (please contact each department to obtain more information about their requirements):

We are here to assist you in achieving your goals at VVC! For additional assistance, please visit the various links on the left navigation. 

-Your AB540 Allies