Academic Senate meets the first Thursday and third Tuesday of each month at 3:30pm
Tuesdays: Sept. 20, Oct. 18, Nov. 15
Thursdays: Oct. 6, Nov. 3, Dec. 1
Feb. 21, March 21, April 18, May 16 (Tuesday meeting held as needed when there are action items)
Thursdays: March 2, April 6, May 4, June 1
Executive Officers 2022-2024
President: Lynne Glickstein
Vice-President: Julia Wendt
Past President: Lee Bennett
Secretary: Leslie Huiner
Legislative Liaison: Troy Kuhns
Area Representatives 2022-2024
Academic Commons: Regina Pierce Brown
Advanced Technology Center & Child Development: Tim Adell
Allied Health & Nursing: Tiana Gray, Terry Truelove
At-Large: Peter Francev
Counseling & Library:
Kinesiology: Debby Blanchard
Liberal Arts: Patty Golder
Part-Time Faculty: Dr. Glenn Akers, Kelley Cahow, David Wilkerson
Performing Arts Center: Tracy Davis
Regional Public Safety Training Center: Melanie Dube-Price
Science: Richard Cerreto, David Gibbs
List of Faculty under each Area Representative
10 Plus 1
Title 5 Section 53200 (b): Academic Senate means an organization whose primary function is to make recommendations with respect to academic and professional matters. Section 53200 (c): "Academic and professional matters" means the following policy development and implementation matters:
- Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites and placing courses within disciplines.
- Degree and certificate requirements.
- Grading policies.
- Educational program development.
- Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success.
- District and college governance structures, as related to faculty roles.
- Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes, including self-study and annual reports.
- Policies for faculty professional development activities.
- Processes for program review.
- Processes for institutional planning and budget development.
- Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon between the governing board and the academic senate.
Academic Senate for California Community Colleges