Admissions & Records FAQ

How do I become a student?

What do I do if I apply and it says I already have an account?

  • Every community college in California uses the same application website. If you have applied anywhere in California you already have an account even if you never attended.
  • You can retrieve your username/password by using your email or security questions. *Remember this information will be from when you first applied, not presently*
  • If that does not work then you will need to contact OpenCCC at 1-877-247-4836 and they can reset your information. If they are able to verify you over the phone then you can apply the same day if not then it can be 1-2 days before you are able to apply.

How do I get my student ID?

  • You can call and make an appointment at 760-245-4271 ext. 2278 or 2395
  • You will need to have your registration statement with you that shows that you have a zero balance and a form of ID (i.e. driver’s license)

*If you are enrolled in a payment plan you will need to contact the Bursars office at to get a special registration statement that shows you have a payment plan at*

What do I do if I cannot access the MyVVC portal or my passwords are not working?

How do I access my student email?

  • The student email is through Gmail. You will put your student email where it asks for username or email, then click “next”. You will then put your birthday password in the following format Mmmddyyyy (i.e. Jun211995) in the password box and click “sign-in”
  • Your student email is in the following format (
  • If you have a personal Gmail account please make that you log out of your personal one

*Your student email is the primary form of communication from the school, ALL VVC communication from either staff or faculty will be sent to your student email. Check it often!*

  • If you need help signing in to your student email, please contact the helpdesk at 760-245-4271 ext. 2740

What do I do if I cannot log into my email?

  • Help desk:

Call: (760) 245-4271. X 2740
Mon - Fri 8am - 9:30pm; Sat 7:45am - 3:30pm

What to do if I forgot my password?

  • You can reset your MyVVC Password by selecting "Forgot My Password"
  • Please contact the VVC Help Desk: (760) 245-4271 ext. 2740 or

The Help Desk is available M – F 8am – 9:30pm and Saturday 7:45am – 3:30pm

How do I get financial aid?

Complete the FAFSA application at We are currently in the 21-22 academic year, which goes through summer. 

How do I apply for Financial Aid?

How do I complete my online orientation and placement survey?

  • The placement survey (formally known as the assessment test) and the online orientation can both be accessed through WebAdvisor.
  • The placement survey will take about 15 minutes and the online orientation will take approximately 1.5 hours
  • You will need to complete both of these things before you are able to speak with a counselor.
  • If you need assistance, you can contact 760-245-4271 ext. 2752, 2453, or 2826

How do I set up an appointment to meet with a counselor?

How do I know my Registration Date?

  • Login to MyVVC
  • Click the WebAdvisor icon
    • Sign in
    • Select "Student"
    • Go to "My Registration Dates"

Where do I register for classes?

  • Login to MyVVC 
  • Click on the Navigate Icon - Planning and registering for classes is done through the Navigate site. 

How do I register for classes in Navigate?

How do I pay for my classes?

  • Pay your fees online.

            1) Login to WebAdvisor

            2) Find the "Pay in Full"

  • Pay your fees in person at the Bursar's office, Student Services Building.

How do I access Canvas?

  • Canvas is the portal that the campus uses for online cases.

To access canvas go to and click on the Canvas link or MyVVC at the top of the page. The login information is the same as Webadvisor.

*There is also online tutoring services through Canvas and the school should you need any assistance with your classes.

  • Should you need assistance with accessing canvas or have questions about online classes please contact 760-245-4271 ext. 2740 or 2453

I need help to pass my classes.

  • There is 24/7 online tutoring through Net Tutor which does require that you set up an account in CANVAS. Go to and you will see the link for CANVAS at the top of the screen. Communicate with your instructors to see what else they might recommend, and watch for additional resources on the website. Counselors are also available to discuss your challenges. Visit the Counseling Webpage (link) to learn about setting up a counseling appointment remotely.

Can I come in to study or use the computers?

  • Yes, computers are available in three locations, Bldg. #23 (One Stop Center, Bldg. #21 (Technology Center) and Bldg. #44 (Student Activities Center). Subject to availability (due to observing social distancing) Make an appointment by calling: 760-245-4271x. 2397/2793 or send an email to: strict social distancing guidelines will be observed.

How do I send an official transcript to another school, employer or any other destination/location?

Can I check the status of my transcript request?

  • If you know your confirmation number, you can Check your Order Status or you can click on your order confirmation email and click on “check order status.” You can contact Credential Solutions at 847-716-3005.

How do I access my unofficial transcripts?

Helpful Numbers

Victor Valley College 760-245-4271

  • ACCESS ext. 2212
  • Admissions ext. 2272
  • ASB ext. 2278
  • Bookstore ext. 2259
  • Bursar ext. 2370
  • Counseling ext. 2296 or 2531
  • EOPS ext. 2422
  • Financial aid ext. 2277
  • Help desk ext. 2740
  • Placement Survey (Formally known as Assessment) ext. 2752
  • Student Services Lab ext. 2453
  • Transfer/Career Center ext. 2439

What if I do not see my question or concern here?

  • Feel free to ask any questions or state your concern to if it pertains to admissions and Records.