1. Apply for Veteran Educational Benefits
- Apply online
- Within 4-6 weeks, the VA will send you a Certificate of Eligibility.
- Bring your Certificate of Eligibility to the Victor Valley College Veterans Resource Center.
RATE OF PURSUIT AND THE HOUSING ALLOWANCE (POST 9/11, CHAPTER 33).
The housing allowance is paid if the student's rate of pursuit is more than 50%. Rate of pursuit determines whether a student receives or doesn't receive the housing allowance. The resulting percentage is the student's rate of pursuit.
Examples: If full-time is 12 credits, then rate of pursuit for:
- 6 Credits (or credit equivalents) is 50% (6 / 12 = 50%)
- 7 Credits (or credit equivalents) is 58% (7 / 12 = 58%)
2. Complete the enrollment process ay Victor Valley College
- Submit an application for admission. Wait 24-48 hours for processing
- Set up your MyVVC/WebAdvisor accounts
- Complete Online Orientation
- Take the Placement Test
3. Mail, E-mail or Hand-carry Official Transcripts to Victor Valley College Admissions & Records
- Transcripts must be official & sealed.
- https://jst.doded.mil/smart/signln.do (Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard). You will need to include an official copy of your military transcripts.
- Request your CCAF (Air Force) transcript here
- To obtain official transcripts from any other college or educational organization, please contact that institution directly.
- Email must be from the institution directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Veterans Student Education Plan (VSEP)
- Student must make an appointment with a VA education Counselor
- A student may only pursue one educational goal at a time. When registering for classes refer to your copy of the VSEP.
- The VA certifying official will certify only the classes that are on your VSEP The VA requires that GI Bill ® students have a current GI Bill ® Education plan, prepared by a VVC Counselor, in their VA File. The Ed Plan must show the student’s declared program and have all prior credits evaluated. When you make your appointment with a VVC counselor, please indicate that you are a GI Bill ® student, and bring to your appointment copies of any previous college transcripts.
5. Register for Classes using Navigate
- Veterans Priority Registration Eligibility Requirement:
- Submit your DD214 to Admissions and Records located in building 23, Student Services One Stop, to receive consideration for priority registration.
- Registration dates and times are posted on the college website
- Pay attention to important dates (last day to add, drop with refund, without a "W", and with a "W") and remember that it is your responsibility to drop your class
6. Submit the GI Bill Student Information Sheet & Other documents to the Veterans Resource Center
IMPORTANT: For ease of processing, please use the fillable fields on the PDF documents we have provided to you online. Please do not print and fill them out by hand.
- Complete the GI Bill Student Information Sheet
- Complete the GI Bill Student Certification Form
- Current Veteran's Education Plan (VSEP)
- A copy of the Certificate of Eligibility (if you have received it from the VA)
- A Certifying Official will verify that the courses match the student's VSEP before proceeding.
- Once certification at Victor Valley College is complete, students will receive an email that verifies their enrollment status.
- Veterans/dependents may call 1-888-GIBILL-1 to verify enrollment and payment status. Apply for Financial Aid Optional but highly recommended Apply here: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov VVC's school code: 001335
7. Apply for Financial Aid
- Optional but highly recommended
- Apply here: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
- VVC's school code: 001335