Advanced Placement (AP) ~ College Level Examination (CLEP) ~ International Baccalaureate (IB) Credit

Using AP, CLEP, and IB Exam Scores for Transfer

An AP exam score of 3, 4, or 5 is accepted to meet CSU GE-Breadth and IGETC requirements. To find out how many units you are awarded from your AP, CLEP, IB exams toward a California State University (CSU) or University of California (UC), please visit:

California State University (CSU):

University of California (UC):

*Every UC makes their own determination as to the minimum AP/IB score they will accept and how many units they'll award. Visit each UC website to find out their AP/IB regulations toward IGETC and/or towards fulfilling credit for major preparation courses.  

Each college/university has a policy indicating how your AP scores are used to meet subject and unit requirements.  The CollegeBoard website provides a link to each institution's policy on how they accept AP scores.  This will take you to the College Board's AP link in a separate window. It's also important you visit the specific university's website (nationwide) to find out about their specific AP policies for specific majors.