Degree With a Guarantee
The Associate Degree for Transfer (AA-T or AS-T) is a degree offered at California Community Colleges. To pursue this degree rather than a traditional AA or AS degree, students should meet with a counselor to develop an education plan toward the AA-T or AS-T.
The degree allows students who earn an AA-T or AS-T and meet minimum eligibility requirements are guaranteed admission to a CSU, but not necessarily to a specific campus or major. With the degree, students may be given a GPA bump when applying to an impacted campus outside the local area or an impacted major that is deemed similar.
Once admitted in a deemed similar degree program, students have the opportunity to complete a bachelor's degree with 60 semester units at the university. Students should work with a counselor to determine which CSU's offer bachelor's degrees that correspond or are deemed similar to the AA-T or AS-T at El Camino College.
For additional information please visit: icangotocollege.com
- To explore VVC's Associate Degrees for Transfer, please visit: VVC's College Catalog
Associate Degree for Transfer Requirements to CSU
- Completion of at least 60 CSU-transferable semester units
- a minimum of 12 degree-applicable units must be completed at VVC
completion of the Area of Emphasis with a grade of C or higher in each course or with a P if the course was taken on a Pass/No Pass basis, and the P is equal to a C or higher
completion of either the California State University General Education Breadth (CSU GE Breadth) or the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC)
Some AS-T programs only allow completion of IGETC. Please meet with a VVC Counselor to review requirements for earning an AS-T degree.
a minimum overall GPA of 2.0 in all CSU-transferable units Note: while a minimum GPA of 2.0 is required for admission to a CSU, some majors/campuses may require a higher GPA. Please consult with a counselor for details.
Associate Degree for Transfer Pathway
The Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT), also known as the Degree with a Guarantee, is a transfer pathway articulated between California Community Colleges (CCC), the California State University (CSU), and participating AICCU institutions. A college student, graduating with an Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) or an Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T) in one of the 36 ADT majors, is guaranteed admission, at junior standing, to complete their degree.
- Associate in Science for Transfer-Administration of Justice
- Associate in Science for Transfer-Agricultural Animal Sciences
- Associate in Science for Transfer-Agriculture Plant Sciences
- Associate in Arts for Transfer-Art History
- Associate in Science for Transfer-Biology
- Associate in Science for Transfer-Business Administration 2.0
- Associate in Science for Transfer-Business Administration (prior to Fall 2022)
- Associate in Arts for Transfer-Communication Studies
- Associate in Science for Transfer-Computer Science
- Associate in Science for Transfer-Early Childhood Education
- Associate in Arts for Transfer-Elementary Teacher Education
- Associate in Arts for Transfer-English
- Associate in Arts for Transfer-Geography
- Associate in Arts for Transfer-Global Studies
- Associate in Arts for Transfer-History
- Associate in Arts for Transfer-Kinesiology
- Associate in Science for Transfer-Mathematics
- Associate in Arts for Transfer-Music
- Associate in Science for Transfer-Nutrition and Dietetics
- Associate in Arts for Transfer-Philosophy
- Associate in Arts for Transfer-Political Science
- Associate in Arts for Transfer-Psychology
- Associate in Science for Transfer-Public Health Science
- Associate in Arts for Transfer-Social Justice Studies
- Associate in Arts for Transfer-Sociology
- Associate in Arts for Transfer-Studio Arts
* Unless otherwise stated (some majors require completion of the IGETC only)
To learn more about the ADT and its majors and degrees, go to icangotocollege.com