Apply for your California DREAM Act (financial aid application) before March 2, 2022!
Call our front desk at 760-245-4271 ext. 2531 or 2296, or
- Call our front desk at 760-245-4271 ext. 2139 (Zoom/Phone Appointments)
Victor Valley College (VVC) supports the educational, personal, and career growth and development of our students and embraces a diverse student population. AB 540 students, also known as DREAMERS, are students who presently do not have legal residency status in the United States. In 2001, the state of California made it possible for AB 540 students to attend a California Community College (CCC), California State University (CSU), and a University of California (UC) and pay in-state resident tuition as long as the student meets the following requirements:
- Attended a California high school/adult school for at least three years;
- Graduated from a California high school/adult school, passed the GED/HiSET or passed the California High School Proficiency Exam;
- Are registered or enrolled at a public institution of higher education in California;
- Complete an AB 540 California Nonresident Exemption Request
- Notice: If you don't meet the requirements for AB540, please see if you meet the requirements for in-state tuition (via AB2000 or SB68) and the CA Dream Act by viewing this grid.
In addition to applying to VVC, AB 540 students will need to provide proof (documentation) that they meet the above requirements by submitting the below documents/forms to Admissions and Records (Bldg. 23):
- Official high school/adult school transcripts (sealed);
- Original high school/adult school diploma, or GED or HiSET pass results/scores; and
- AB540 California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request
AB 540 students are eligible to apply for and participate in the following programs (please contact each department to obtain more information about their requirements):
- EOPS/CARE, ext. 2422, Bldg. 23 (Student Services Center)
- CalWORKS, ext. 2361, Bldg. 23 (Student Services Center)
- NextUp, ext. 2929, Bldg. 10B (Upper campus)
- Puente, ext. 2208, Bldg. 23 (Student Services Center)
- STEP (formerly known as First-Year Experience), ext. 2381, Bldg. 51-A
- VVC Scholarship Drive, ext. 2741 (Application period: January - March 31, 2022)
We are here to assist you in achieving your goals at VVC! For additional assistance, please visit the various links on the left navigation.
-Your AB540 Allies