Summer Internship: ATP-Bio REU
Application Deadline: February 10, 2023
Program Dates: June-August 2023
Benefits: Gain Research Experience & receive a Stipend
Questions? Contact Dr. Stephanie Schroeder at firstname.lastname@example.org for any specific questions you may have regarding the application process or the program in general.
The ATP-Bio REU is a 10-week research internship targeting STEM students nationwide, including community college students, who have not participated in prior research. Students will spend their summer doing exciting, cutting-edge research to help “stop biological time” and radically extend the ability to bank and transport cells, aquatic embryos, tissue, skin, whole organs, microphysiological systems (“organs-on-a-chip”), and even whole organisms through a team approach to build advanced biopreservation technologies.
ATP-Bio REU students will work at the University of Minnesota, Massachusetts General Hospital, the University of California-Berkeley, the University of California-Riverside, or Texas A&M University (placement is dependent on funding). Lodging and travel are provided, along with a stipend.
- Excited to do research (no prior research experience necessary)!
- Currently enrolled in a community college or 4-year university and planning to major in a science discipline (engineering, biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, or related fields)
- Will be enrolled as a full-time student in Fall 2023
- Will have completed one year of community college/university by June 2023
- Is a US citizen, US national, or permanent resident