NextUp is a program that offers financial and academic support that may include: textbooks, school supplies, tutoring, on-going counseling, food, transportation, emergency housing, child care, and student fee assistance!
If you were on PROBATION, INCARCERATED, or in FOSTER CARE between the ages of 13 and 18 then you may qualify!
Apply now and receive hands-on guidance and assistance
from application through degree completion.
START EARNING YOUR DEGREE AND ADDITIONAL BENEFITS TODAY!
SEE IF YOU QUALIFY
Text: (760) 515-9025
Phone: (760) 245-4271 ext. 2929
Location - We are located in Bldg. 10B on the Upper Campus.
- REGULAR OFFICE HOURS
- Monday – Thursday 7:30 am to 5:00 pm
- ZOOM OFFICE HOURS
- Monday – Thursday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Dial in: (646) 568-7788 Meeting ID: 841 3788 5163
Join the NextUp Virtual Office
What does Next-Up do?
NextUp, also known as CAFYES (Cooperating Agencies Foster Youth Educational Support), provides community college students with resources that make a difference. The program offers eligible current and former foster youth support and services that could include help with books and supplies, transportation, tutoring, food and emergency housing.
- Given the necessary support and resources, current and former foster youth will achieve postsecondary success through earning a credential and/or preparing for transfer to a four-year college or university.
- Providing academic support to current and former foster youth in the VVC service area will reduce poverty and criminal justice involvement among youth who have been in foster care
- The mission of the NextUp program is to empower lives impacted by foster care. We have an unwavering commitment to support the higher education success, health and well-being of current and former foster youth enrolled at Victor Valley College.
- VVC will strengthen its capacity to support the higher education success, health and well-being of current and former foster youth
- Ensure more current and former foster youth attending VVC earn a certificate, degree, and/or prepare for transfer to a four-year institution
As a NextUp student, you may receive:
- One-on-one counseling with a counselor to support and address personal, academic and career needs
- Hands-on guidance and assistance from application through certificate or degree completion and/or transfer
- Specialized workshops such as Life Skills development, Financial Literacy, Coping Skills, ect.
- Financial Support (meal vouchers, transportation assistance, child care , student fees, emergency housing, etc.)
- Academic support (textbooks, tutoring, educational supplies, etc.)
- Priority registration
- Referrals for on-campus and off-campus resources
- California resident
- have applied for Financial Aid & qualify for BOGW (Board of Governor’s Fee Waiver/CA Promise Grant)
- in foster care on or after their 13th birthday
- under 26 years old
- enrolled in at least 9 units (6 units for students with ACCESS)
SEE IF YOU QUALIFY
How to apply to the program
To apply for the Next Up Program:
- Apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA, Chafee grant, BOGW/CA Promise Grant online)
- Visit the NextUp Office (Building 10B Rm 3) to complete an application
- Provide a copy of your dependency letter of foster youth status
- Enroll in at least 9 units
We can assist you with all of the steps in our application process.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 760-245-4271 ext. 2929
- Text: 760-515-9025
Victor Valley Community College
NextUp Office Building 10B
18422 Bear Valley Road
Victorville, CA 92395-5849