The following links are some helpful resources that may benefit you.
Great Resources for Veterans
CalVet Social Media
- "Like" CalVet on Facebook and "Follow" CalVet on Twitter to get the latest veteran news and information and share it with others.
CalVet Toll Free Number
- Contact CalVet toll free at 877-741-8532 for answers to questions about veterans benefits and services.
- VVC Veterans Club - http://www.vvc.edu/veterans/veterans-club.shtml
- High Desert Vet Center - https://www.va.gov/directory/guide/facility.asp?id=5908
- Los Angeles Regional Benefit Office - http://www.benefits.va.gov/losangeles/
- GI Bill® - https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/
- Department of Veterans Affairs: 1-800-827-1000 - For information on benefits available to Veterans
- Assistance for homeless veterans: http://www.va.gov/homeless/
- Center for Minority Veterans: http://www.va.gov/centerforminorityveterans
- Center for Women Veterans: http://www.va.gov/womenvet/
- My HealtheVet - https://www.myhealth.va.gov/index.html
- eBenefits - https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/homepage
School required documents:
- Veteran forms
- Financial aid forms
- Admissions (provide copy of DD-214 to be granted priority registration)
- eVetRecs - To obtain copies of your DD 214 - http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/
- Counseling (counselor will need to evaluate transcripts to complete education plan)
- Army, Navy, Marine Corps & Coast Guard Transcripts
- Air Force Transcripts
Obtaining Military Transcripts
In order to complete an Educational Plan for GIBIll® benefits you must provide copies of all transcripts for all prior coursework from all schools attended (community colleges, universities, vocational schools, etc.) as well as military transcripts. Unofficial transcripts are ok for an Educational Plan but official transcripts are required in order to receive degrees or admission to CSU, UC and programs such as Nursing, Respiratory Therapy, etc.
Below are links for obtaining military transcripts:
ARMY, COAST GUARD, MARINE CORPS, NAVY
These military branches now use the Joint Services Transcript system (JST System)
You must login to use the JST System. If you do not have a Common Access Card (CAC) reader then click on “REGISTER” for a JST account. Follow the instructions for creating a User Name, Password, etc. Once you’ve logged in, look for the “Transcripts” link and print your personal transcript and/or request your official transcript.
Welcome to the Debt Management Center (DMC) Homepage