Complete a Student Interest Form
One Stop Center, Bldg 23 Hours:
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Puente Program is closed to the public. However, essential staff will be in the office Monday to Friday between 8am to 4:30pm to answer emails and phone calls.
Attention Students: Face-to-Face Puente Counseling Appointments Have Been Suspended Until Further Notice, But We Are Still Here to Help You remotely! Go to vvc.edu/counseling to make an appointment.
HOW DO YOU QUALIFY?
- Be committed to taking ENGL 101 & GUID 101 in Fall
- Be committed to taking ENGL 104 & GUID 107 in Spring
- Have a desire to transfer to a four-year college or university
- Enroll in no more than 14 units, each semester, during the first year
WHY SHOULD YOU GET INVOLVED?
- Community college students in Puente transfer at a higher rate (47%) than non-Puente students (27%)
- You will meet successful professionals who can help you develop your career goals
- You can learn how to make your dreams become a reality
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
- All students who wish to transfer to a four-year college or university
- All students who want to develop leadership and networking skills
- All students who are interested in exploring multi-cultural experiences
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- English and Guidance classes dedicated to Puente students only
- Ongoing academic and career counseling until transfer
- Mentoring, internship and community service opportunities
FOR MORE INFORMATION: