Steps to Enrollment - Undocumented Students


  • Complete your application online on the CCCApply website. Create an account using a personal email or log in if you already have an account. Remember to write down and save your Student ID number. Allow 2-3 business days for your application to be processed and to receive a Welcome VVC email with your student identification number.


  • We will need official transcripts or notarized copies from your high school, as well as any colleges or universities you have attended – either in the U.S. or abroad. Official sealed TRANSCRIPTS from other colleges/universities attended must be either emailed or mailed to: emailed from the institution to or mailed to Victor Valley College Admissions and Records Office, 18422 Bear Valley Road Victorville, CA 92395.We also need proof that you have had these transcripts evaluated by an accepted evaluation company from this list.


Acronym Evaluation Service Contact
APIE Academic & Professional International Evaluations, Inc
ACEI Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute
ACREVS Academic & Credential Records, Evaluation & Verification Services
AERC American Education Research Corporation
ECE Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
ERES Educational Records Evaluation Service
FCSA Foreign Credential Services of America
FCSA-WEST Foreign Credential Services of American West, Monterey, CA
IERF International Education Research Foundation, Inc. Credentials Evaluation Service
WES Word Education Services



  • Since classes at Victor Valley College are taught in English, proficiency is required for students whose native language is not English. Test scores allow us to accurately advise students into classes that will offer the best opportunity for success. Depending on your scores, you may be admitted to our academic programs or required to enter our English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) program to continue building your English skills. TOEFL and IELTS scores are valid for two years.
    • TOEFL: 97 (Internet-Based test) *subject to change
    • IELTS: Band 7 range *subject to change


  • The California Dream Act became law through the passage of two Assembly Bills – AB 130 and AB 131. They allow students who meet AB540 criteria to become eligible to apply for state-funded financial aid.
    Undocumented students who have applied and been admitted to Victor Valley College should review the AB-540 criteria to determine their eligibility to pay in-state tuition. If eligible, a California nonresident tuition exemption form should be filled out and submitted to the Admissions and Records Office.

    • AB 540: Under California Law AB 540, certain nonresident students are exempt from paying nonresident supplemental tuition.

      California is one of six states in the nation that offer state financial aid to undocumented students. The types of financial aid undocumented students can apply for depends on their residency status. The California Dream Act, which requires students to meet AB 540/ SB 68 eligibility, increases the options of state financial aid.

      • Are all AB 540 students undocumented students? No. Citizens and permanent residents who would otherwise be classified as residents of other states who meet AB 540 criteria can qualify as California residents for tuition purposes and any financial aid benefits. Visit the CSAC California Dream Act website for more information.
      • Criteria
        1. You must have attended a CA high school for at least 3 years.
        2. You must have graduated or attained the equivalent (usually passing the GED or California HS Proficiency exam).
        3. You must have filed for legal immigration status or will file as soon as possible. It is a legal requirement that you file an affidavit with VVC Admissions and Records swearing that this is true.

          *If you meet these criteria visit VVC Admissions and Records Office and complete the AB-540 Affidavit / CA Nonresident Exemption Request and attach official transcripts.

      • AB-540 Eligibility Requirements
        • Must have attended a California high school for 3 or more full academic years (between grades 9 through 12, inclusive and does not need to be consecutive years); AB2000 modifies this section, to also include students who attain credits in a California high school equivalent to 3 or more years of full-time high school coursework and a total of 3 or more years of attendance in California elementary schools, secondary schools, or a combination of those schools.
        • Must have or will graduate from a California high school or have attained a G.E.D.; or received a passing mark on the California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE); Must register or is currently enrolled at an accredited institution of public higher education in California;
        • Must file the CA Nonresident Exemption Request as required by individual institutions, stating that the filer will apply for legal residency as soon as possible;
        • Must not hold a valid non-immigrant visa (F, J, H, L, A, E, etc.)

          Be advised that you may need to provide proper documentation to prove eligibility, such as high school transcripts. For further details and information about AB-540 and its criteria, please visit the Admissions & Records or meet with a counselor.

      • SB 68:

        SB 68 Expands AB 540.

        SB 68 benefits students who didn’t go to three years of high school in California.

        SB 68 allows students to count full-time attendance at a California Community College, Adult School, Department of Rehabilitation and Correction School, High School, or combination of these schools to meet the 3 years required to be eligible for in-state tuition. Students who have three years of high school coursework can also count attendance at an elementary school.

        SB 68 benefits students who don’t have a California High School Diploma or didn’t get their GED in California. Students will be able to use an Associate’s Degree or the fulfillment of the minimum transfer requirements for the UCs or CSUs to meet the requirements. Contact the school you plan to attend for further information.


AB 540 & SB 68 students are eligible to apply for and participate in the following programs (please contact each department to obtain more information about their requirements):