Steps to Enrollment - Undocumented Students

Victor Valley College (VVC) supports our students' educational, personal, and career growth and development and embraces a diverse student population.

AB 540 students, also known as DREAMERS, are students who presently do not have legal residency status in the United States. In 2001, the state of California made it possible for AB 540 students to attend a California Community College (CCC), California State University (CSU), and a University of California (UC) and pay in-state resident tuition as long as the student meets the following requirements:

  • Attended a California high school/adult school for at least three years;
  • Graduated from a California high school/adult school, passed the GED/HiSET, or passed the California High School Proficiency Exam;
  • Are registered or enrolled at a public institution of higher education in California;
  • Complete an AB 540 California Nonresident Exemption Request 

Notice: If you don't meet the requirements for AB540, please see if you meet the requirements for in-state tuition (via AB2000 or SB68) and the CA Dream Act by viewing this grid.

Download the PDF



Take the first step – it’s fast and easy! Complete and submit your free application online.

  • New and returning students (those with an absence of two consecutive primary terms: fall or spring semesters; excluding summer and winter terms) must complete an online application for admission.
  • Complete your application online on the CCCApply website. Create an account using a personal email or log in if you already have an account. Remember to write down and save your Student ID number. Allow 2-3 business days for your application to be processed and to receive a Welcome VVC email with your student identification number.
  • Official sealed TRANSCRIPTS from other colleges/universities attended must be emailed directly from the institution to or mailed to Victor Valley College Admissions and Records Office, 18422 Bear Valley Road, Victorville, CA 92395. We also need proof that you have had these transcripts evaluated by an accepted evaluation company from this list.
Acronym Evaluation Service Contact
APIE Academic & Professional International Evaluations, Inc
ACEI Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute
ACREVS Academic & Credential Records, Evaluation & Verification Services
AERC American Education Research Corporation
ECE Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
ERES Educational Records Evaluation Service
FCSA Foreign Credential Services of America
FCSA-WEST Foreign Credential Services of American West, Monterey, CA
IERF International Education Research Foundation, Inc. Credentials Evaluation Service
WES Word Education Services



Meet the requirements listed above? Please submit the following documents:

  • Official high school transcripts with graduation date
  • Only if applicable:

    • Official elementary or middle school transcripts
    • Proof of associates degree from CA community college
    • Official transcripts from CA community college 

All documentation should be submitted to the Enrollment Center. Official high school transcripts may be sent electronically to  Once you receive a confirmation that your transcript has been opened, you may submit your California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request Form (AB540/AB2000) to the Enrollment Center in person or e-mail it to in PDF format. Please note that all information provided is confidential.



  • The California Dream Act became law through the passage of two Assembly Bills – AB 130 and AB 131. They allow students who meet AB540 criteria to become eligible to apply for state-funded financial aid.
    • Undocumented students who have applied and been admitted to Victor Valley College should review the AB-540 criteria to determine their eligibility to pay in-state tuition. If eligible, a California nonresident tuition exemption form should be filled out and submitted to the Admissions and Records Office.
    • AB 540: Under California Law AB 540, certain nonresident students are exempt from paying nonresident supplemental tuition.
      • California is one of six states in the nation that offer state financial aid to undocumented students. The types of financial aid undocumented students can apply for depends on their residency status. The California Dream Act, which requires students to meet AB 540/ SB 68 eligibility, increases the options of state financial aid.
        • Are all AB 540 students undocumented students? No. Citizens and permanent residents who would otherwise be classified as residents of other states who meet AB 540 criteria can qualify as California residents for tuition purposes and any financial aid benefits. Visit the CSAC California Dream Act website for more information.
        • Criteria
          • You must have attended a CA high school for at least 3 years.
          • You must have graduated or attained the equivalent (usually passing the GED or California HS Proficiency exam).
          • You must have filed for legal immigration status or will file as soon as possible. It is a legal requirement that you file an affidavit with VVC Admissions and Records swearing that this is true
            • *If you meet these criteria, visit VVC Admissions and Records Office, complete the AB-540 Affidavit / CA Nonresident Exemption Request, and attach official transcripts.
        • AB-540 Eligibility Requirements
          • Must have attended a California high school for 3 or more full academic years (between grades 9 through 12, inclusive and does not need to be consecutive years); AB2000 modifies this section, to also include students who attain credits in a California high school equivalent to 3 or more years of full-time high school coursework and a total of 3 or more years of attendance in California elementary schools, secondary schools, or a combination of those schools.
          • Must have or will graduate from a California high school or have attained a G.E.D.; or received a passing mark on the California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE);
          • Must register or is currently enrolled at an accredited institution of public higher education in California;
          • Must file the CA Nonresident Exemption Request as required by individual institutions, stating that the filer will apply for legal residency as soon as possible;
          • Must not hold a valid non-immigrant visa (F, J, H, L, A, E, etc.)
            • *Be advised that you may need to provide proper documentation to prove eligibility, such as high school transcripts. For further details and information about AB-540 and its criteria, please visit the Admissions & Records or meet with a counselor.
    • SB 68:
      • SB 68 Expands AB 540.
      • SB 68 benefits students who didn’t go to three years of high school in California.
      • SB 68 allows students to count full-time attendance at a California Community College, Adult School, Department of Rehabilitation and Correction School, High School, or combination of these schools to meet the 3 years required to be eligible for in-state tuition. Students who have three years of high school coursework can also count attendance at an elementary school.
      • SB 68 benefits students who don’t have a California High School Diploma or didn’t get their GED in California. Students will be able to use an Associate’s Degree or the fulfillment of the minimum transfer requirements for the UCs or CSUs to meet the requirements. Contact the school you plan to attend for further information.
  • Check your Eligibility

    Immigrants Rising’s CA In-State Tuition Qualifier Tool helps you determine if you meet the attendance and degree requirements for in-state tuition. Even if you do not yet qualify, this tool can help you determine what steps you need take to meet eligibility in the future.


Have questions? Online orientation provides an introduction to academic programs and support services to help you succeed.

  • ·After you receive your Welcome email with your VVC student ID# log into MyVVC. Your orientation video can be found in the WebAdvisor App.
  • ·For questions or issues regarding User ID/password information, contact the Help Desk at (760) 245-4271 ext. 2740, via email at or visit them in building 21.


Improve your chances for success! Testing helps ensure proper placement in math and English and allows you to advance more quickly to your goals.

  • The assessment placement consists of a 10-minute video and a short survey. It takes approximately 20 to 30 minutes to complete. Contact the Assessment Center at (760) 245-4271 ext.2367 or at Hours are subject to change.


Meet with a counselor and complete an educational plan to identify classes that are required to complete your certificate, degree, or transfer program.

How to Schedule a General Counseling Appointment 

Students participating in the General Counseling program will no longer use the Self Service Scheduler to schedule a counseling appointment as of Summer 2022 (July 1, 2022).  All students are now assigned to a specific counselor(s) based on their program of study/major. Each student's major places them on one of the seven (7) RamPaths listed below. To schedule an appointment, please follow these instructions:

  1. Submit a Counseling Interest form. This Google form will be sent to our Counseling front desk staff after submission.
  2. Within 2-3 business days you will receive a personalized link to your VVC student email address from our Counseling department. Click on the link included in the email to begin scheduling your appointment. You will select a date and time to meet with a counselor based on availability.
  3. You will receive an Appointment Confirmation email once your appointment has been scheduled. Review the "Appointment Details" section to confirm how to connect with your counselor.

Please note that same day appointments are not typically available due to the high level of demand. If you have general questions, you can email for assistance, or contact our front desk at (760) 245-4271 ext 2531 or 2296. 

If you do not know which RamPath you are assigned to, please access our List of RamPaths for a full list of majors by pathway.


Ready to register for classes? Log in to MyVVC and register online for classes on or after your assigned block in the Self-Service. *How to register into courses via Self-Serivce.


Fees are due and payable at the time of registration. Pay in full or enroll in a payment plan through WebAdvisor at the Pay with Payment Plan link to avoid being blocked from registering for other Terms.

Payment Options:

  • Via WebAdvisor: - MyVVC then clicking the WebAdvisor App by using the options of “Pay in Full” or “Pay with a payment plan.” Set up a payment plan at
  • By mail – Mail payment to VVC Bursar’s Office, 18422 Bear Valley Road, Victorville, CA 92395-5849 Rev. 4/15/2021
  • In-person – Pay at the Bursar’s Office. One Stop Center (Building 23)



A VVC ID Card is required for all students and must be presented to access specific classes, computer labs, the weight room, and the library.

  • After you have registered for classes, take a valid I.D. and a copy of your VVC Registration Statement to the Associated Student Body Office in Bldg 44 to receive your VVC ID/ASB card.


AB 540 & SB 68 students are eligible to apply for and participate in the following programs (please contact each department to obtain more information about their requirements):




  • DACA Legal Services
    • List of state-wide organizations that offer DACA Renewal Services
  • NILC
    • National Immigration Law Center
  • Immigrants Rising
    • Immigration Legal Intake Service
  • ILRC
    • Immigration Legal Resource Center
  • ACLU
    • American Civil Liberties Union
    • Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles