Effective July 1, 2023 California has enacted a new law (AB 2881) to support parenting college students! California now becomes the first state to require educational institutions to provide priority registration for college student parents! Roughly 1 in 5 college students is a student parent, so VVC welcomes this change and the opportunity to support our parenting college students. AB 2881 requires colleges and universities in California to provide priority registration for student parents (as of 7/1/2023), and to notify them of resources and supports critical to their success.
California Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC)
With CalEITC, you may be eligible for a California Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC) up to $3,417 for tax year 2022 as a working family or individual earning up to $30,000 per year. For more information on CalEITC, click here.
Young Child Tax Credit (YCTC)
The Young Child Tax Credit (YCTC) provides a credit up $1,083 per tax return for Californians who qualify for CalEITC and have a child under 6 years old. For more information on YCTC, click here.
Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
WIC services include:
- Practical nutrition information and everyday healthy living tips for you and your family. Visit the Feeding My Family page.
- Nutrition experts who specialize in nutrition for mothers and their children
- Support and information about breastfeeding your baby, including access to breastfeeding experts. Visit the Feeding My Baby page.
- Help in finding health care and other valuable community services
- Benefits to buy healthy foods - such as fruits and vegetables, whole grains, milk, eggs, bread, cereal, juice, peanut butter, soy milk, tofu and more!
For more information the WIC program, click here.