Types of Aid Available

Financial aid is money to help pay for college. Grants, work-study, loans, and scholarships help make college affordable. Financial aid can come from federal, state, school, and private sources.


A grant is a form of financial aid that doesn’t have to be repaid (unless, for example, you withdraw from school and owe a refund). A variety of federal grants are available, including Pell Grants, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG), and Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grants (IASG).

A variety of state grants are also available at VVC, including California College Promise Grant Fee Waiver(CCPG-formerly Board of Governor's Waiver), CalGrant, Dream Act funding, Student Success Completion Grant (SSCG), as well as other state funding.  


Many nonprofit and private organizations offer scholarships to help students pay for school. This type of free money, which is sometimes based on academic merit, talent, or a particular area of study, can make a real difference in helping you manage your education expenses.

Work-Study Jobs

The  Program allows you to earn money to pay for school by working part-time. Work-Study jobs are available on VVC campus on a first come, first served basis. JobSpeaker is an online platform that will students access to current job and internship opportunities, and inform student of career-related activities happening on and off campus.