VVC Complaint Process


Model Complaint Process for California Community College Students in Compliance with HEA Title IV, CFR 34, Sections 600.9 (a)(1) and 668.43 (b)



Most complaints, grievances or disciplinary matters should be resolved at the campus level. This is the quickest and most successful way of resolving issues involving a California Community College (CCC). You are encouraged to work through the campus complaint process first, before escalating issues to any of the following resources.

According to Administrative Procedure 5530 (Student Rights, Complaints, and Grievances), any student, employee, or community member may file a complaint about an experience, incident, or interaction that occurs on the Victor Valley College campus. The complaint should be filed with the Office of the Associate Vice President of Instruction and/or the Office of the Vice President of Student Services. Complaint forms are available from any campus office and the college’s web site : http://www.vvc.edu/forms/Student Complaint-Grievance. For faculty and staff this complaint procedure does not supersede grievance, contractual or legal remedies.

To initiate an ADA complaint, please complete the form available at : http://www.vvc.edu/offices/disabled_student_program_services/ADA-Compliantform-2005-06.pdf.
Submit the original to the ADA Coordinator at: Victor Valley Community College District, 18422 Bear Valley Road, Victorville, CA 92395.

To initiate an Unlawful Discrimination complaint, please complete the form available at : http://www.vvc.edu/offices/human_resources/docs/2011/VVC_Unlawful-Discrimination_Complaint_Procedure.pdf and submit the original to: Human Resources, Victor Valley Community College District, 18422 Bear Valley Road, Victorville, CA 92395.

To initiate a complaint regarding the Allegation of Discrimination or Sexual Harassment, please review the procedures available at: http://www.vvc.edu/offices/human_resources/Allegation_of_Discrimination_or_Sexual_Harassment.pdf

Issues that are not resolved at the campus level may be presented:

  • To the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) at: http://www.accjc.org/complaint-process if your complaint is associated with the institution’s compliance with academic program quality and accrediting standards. ACCJC is the agency that accredits the academic programs of the California Community Colleges.
  • To the CCC Chancellor’s Office website at: http://californiacommunitycolleges.cccco.edu/ComplaintsForm.aspx, if your complaint does not concern CCC’s compliance with academic program quality and accrediting standards.
  • To the State Attorney General using online forms available at: https://oag.ca.gov/contact/publicrecords_form/done
  • To the Public Inquiry Unit of the California State Department of Justice:
    • Public Inquiry Unit - (Toll‐free in California) (800) 952‐5225 - Fax: (916) 323‐5341

Nothing in this disclosure should be construed to limit any right that you may have to take civil or criminal legal action to resolve your complaints.

The California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office (CCCCO) has provided this disclosure to you in compliance with the requirements of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, as regulated in CFR 34, Sections 600.9 (b) (3) and 668.43(b). If anything in this disclosure is out of date, please notify the CCCCO at 1102 Q St., Sacramento, CA 95814. This disclosure was last revised on 5‐09‐11.