Office Phone: 760-245-4271, x8720
Jerid Scarborough, Adjunct Faculty - Automotive
B.S. - Automotive Technology - Almeda University, M.S. - Automotive Technology - Almeda University
Jerid Scarborough has worked in various levels of the automotive industry, from mom and pop shops to dealerships, and fleet maintenance. His career started in 1994 as a Lubrication tech working, while also attending VVC. Presently he is a Ground Support Equipment Maintance Technician at the Ontario International Airport. He was asked to return to VVC in 2005 as an adjunct instructor and enjoys bridging the gap between academic theory and the tangible world of automotive repair. He has instructed the following nine courses for VVC students.
- Auto 50: Introduction to Automotive Technology
- Auto 70: Small Engine Repair
- Auto 58: Lubrication Technician
- Auto 97a: Tune Up Diagnosis and Repair
- Auto 95.a: Automotive Laboratory
- Auto95.b: Automotive Laboratory
- Auto 59: Tire Technician
- Auto 65.0: Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Repair
Mr. Scarborough has attended numerous schools and colleges including Victor Valley College for general education, and automotive and Smog license update classes; California Institute of Automotive Technology, Engine Performance and Electronics. Chaffey College for Aeronautics and Aircraft Maintenance, and Almeda University attaining a Bachelors of Science in Automotive Technology in 2004 and Masters of Science in Automotive Technology in 2007.
He has also attended Manufacture Factory Training from GM, Daewoo of North America, Trilectron Aircraft Power Systems, TUG Electric Vehicles, Jendham, Inc. Technical Training in On Board Diagnostics II,
He is a State of California Bureau of Automotive Repair Smog Check Technician Licensed for inspection and repair, and I.M.A.C.A. International Mobile Air Conditioning Association certified
Mr. Scarborough has three Master ASE certifications possessing 25 individual Certifications.
- Master Automotive Technician A1-A8
- Master Medium/Heavy Truck Technician T1-T7
- Master truck Equipment technician E1-E3
- L1 Automobile Advanced Engine Performance Specialist
- L2 Electronic Diesel Engine Diagnosis
- F1 Alternative fuels technician
- G1 maintenance and light repair technician
- X1 Exhaust System Specialist
- A9 Light Vehicle Diesel Engines
- T8 Preventive Maintenance & Inspection
- Undercar specialist
Jerid enjoys most outdoor activities. Spending his vacation time in the mountains of Northern California close to nature and his family, trying to find his inner caveman, he enjoys bow and rifle hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, gardening, surfing, and 4x4ing. He loves chemistry and physics and anything that goes BANG or BOOM!