Photovoltaic Technician Program
Construction Technology’s Photovoltaic Technician Program teaches students the knowledge and skills needed to enter this fast-growing industry.
This year, California will add over 10,000 solar workers!!
Construction Technology hosts a highly successful Solar Hiring Conference each semester for students achieving a grade of 80% or better.”
What is VVC's Photovoltaic (PV) Technician Program?
- CT-148 / 144 is a 6-unit class that teaches PV theory, electrical skills, and the installation skills necessary to enter the Solar Industry.
- A Solar Hiring Conference is hosted by VVC on the last week of the course.
- Typically, 6-8 companies attend. They are looking to hire.
- 80% of students are hired within 4 weeks of completing this class.
- There is a LOT of Math and Reading required for this class!
- Recommended (not required) course preparation:
- CT-107 or 108 : Technical Math
- CT-120A : Residential Wiring
- CT-142 : Renewable Energy