Steps to Enrollment - Veterans

1. Apply for Veteran Educational Benefits

  • Apply online
  • Within 4-6 weeks, the VA will send you a Certificate of Eligibility.
  • Bring your Certificate of Eligibility to the Victor Valley College Veterans Resource Center.


    The housing allowance is paid if the student's rate of pursuit is more than 50%. Rate of pursuit determines whether a student receives or doesn't receive the housing allowance. The resulting percentage is the student's rate of pursuit.

    Examples: If full-time is 12 credits, then rate of pursuit for:

    • 6 Credits (or credit equivalents) is 50% (6 / 12 = 50%)
    • 7 Credits (or credit equivalents) is 58% (7 / 12 = 58%)

2. Complete the enrollment process ay Victor Valley College

3. Mail, E-mail or Hand-carry Official Transcripts to Victor Valley College Admissions & Records

4. Veterans Student Education Plan (VSEP)

  • Student must make an appointment with a VA education Counselor
  • A student may only pursue one educational goal at a time. When registering for classes refer to your copy of the VSEP.
  • The VA certifying official will certify only the classes that are on your VSEP The VA requires that GI Bill ® students have a current GI Bill ® Education plan, prepared by a VVC Counselor, in their VA File. The Ed Plan must show the student’s declared program and have all prior credits evaluated. When you make your appointment with a VVC counselor, please indicate that you are a GI Bill ® student, and bring to your appointment copies of any previous college transcripts.

5. Register for Classes using Navigate

  • Veterans Priority Registration Eligibility Requirement:
    • Submit your DD214 to Admissions and Records located in building 23, Student Services One Stop, to receive consideration for priority registration.
  • Registration dates and times are posted on the college website
  • Pay attention to important dates (last day to add, drop with refund, without a "W", and with a "W") and remember that it is your responsibility to drop your class

6. Submit the GI Bill Student Information Sheet & Other documents to the Veterans Resource Center

IMPORTANT: For ease of processing, please use the fillable fields on the PDF documents we have provided to you online. Please do not print and fill them out by hand.

  • Complete the GI Bill Student Information Sheet
  • Complete the GI Bill Student Certification Form
  • Current Veteran's Education Plan (VSEP)
  • A copy of the Certificate of Eligibility (if you have received it from the VA)
  • A Certifying Official will verify that the courses match the student's VSEP before proceeding.
  • Once certification at Victor Valley College is complete, students will receive an email that verifies their enrollment status.
  • Veterans/dependents may call 1-888-GIBILL-1 to verify enrollment and payment status. Apply for Financial Aid Optional but highly recommended Apply here: VVC's school code: 001335

7. Apply for Financial Aid