CalWORKs staff are in the office ready to assist you with your needs while the campus is closed.  Please contact:    (760) 245-4271, Ext. 2498    (760) 245-4271, Ext. 2592       (760) 245-4271, Ext. 2593  (760) 245-4271, Ext. 2295      (760) 245-4271, Ext. 2594

Remote support is available Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. , Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m


What is CalWORKs?

California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids is a state-funded welfare-to-work program designed to help individuals on public assistance.

We are the California Community College program serving CalWORKs students and their families by providing educational and career opportunities combined with an array of high-quality support services that enable students to complete their educational goals, find meaningful employment and successfully transition into the workforce. Through collaboration and advocacy with our college partners we prepare a segment of California’s workforce by promoting the economic self-sufficiency of CalWORKs students through attainment of a higher education.

Online Orientation

Begin Online Orientation Here


Who is Eligible for CalWORKs?

To qualify for the CalWORKs Program you must meet the requirements:

  • A person receiving cash aide for themselves and their family. (TANF formerly known as AFDC)
  • Must have completed Admissions and Assessment to Victor Valley College.

CalWORKs Supportive Services

While assisting students to achieve their educational goals, CalWORKs provides supportive services. Services may include: 

  • Advocacy
  • Academic, Career and Personal Counseling
  • County Ed Plans

How to Contact CalWORKs? (760) 245-4271

Office Hours:  Currently, remote support is available Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. , Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

  • Located in Building 23 (Student Services II) - [ Get a Campus Map Here ]
  • Tracey Downing, Administrative Secretary I ext. 2592
  • Mason Blanche, CalWORKs Job Placement Specialist ext. 2594


How do I Apply?

1.   Complete application for Admissions at Victor Valley College

  • Victor Valley College admissions application can be completed online at at home, the Career Center (building 55) or ATC (bldg 21) at VVC.

2.   Apply for Financial Aid (Grant money doesn’t have to be paid back)

  • Apply Financial Aid by logging in at and Financial Aid.
  • You can submit FASFA online from home or workshops Monday – Thursday 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. in the ATC (bldg 21).
  • You can directly apply at
  • You may be eligible for BOGG (fee waiver) as well as PELL grant (cash issued directly to you).
  • You may be eligible for Federal Work Study.

3.   Complete CalWORKs Intake

       The completed paper work should have:
  • WTW 77 Referral from your county case worker (usually sent to the office by your case worker)
  • Application
  • VVC CalWORKs Student Agreement
  • CalWORKs Needs Assessment
  • TANF Verification form or Welfare to Work Contract
  • Current class schedule

4.   Meet with CalWORKs Counselor

  • The County Employment Specialist will send a referral to the CalWORKs office. The secretary will then schedule an appointment for the CalWORKs student to meet with the CalWORKs Counselor. CalWORKs students must have an educational plan done by the CalWORKs counselor in order for the county to approve their educational plan. If you have an educational plan completed by EOPS, general counseling or another college bring them with you at the time of your appointment

5.   Registration

  • You may register online at (go to your Webadvisor), in the ATC Building 21, or upstairs in the Student Activity Center.  Registration dates are based on units you have completed at VVC.