Step 1: Request Primary School Letter for Authorization for Submission of Enrollment to the VA for GI Bill® Educational Benefits
RATE OF PURSUIT AND THE HOUSING ALLOWANCE (POST 9/11, CHAPTER 33).
The housing allowance is paid if the student's rate of pursuit is more than 50%. Rate of pursuit determines whether a student receives or doesn't receive the housing allowance. The resulting percentage is the student's rate of pursuit.
Examples: If full-time is 12 credits, then rate of pursuit for:
- 6 Credits (or credit equivalents) is 50% (6 / 12 = 50%)
- 7 Credits (or credit equivalents) is 58% (7 / 12 = 58%)
Step 2: Complete Enrollment Process at Victor Valley College
- Submit an application for admission. Wait 24-48 hours for processing
- Set up your MyVVC/WebAdvisor accounts
- Complete Online Orientation
- Take the Placement Survey
Step 3: Enroll in classes approved by your Primary School. Classes not authorized by your Primary School will not be submitted to the VA for educational benefits.
Step 4: Register for classes using Navigate
- Veterans Priority Registration Eligibility Requirement:
- Submit your DD214 to Admissions and Records located in building 23, Student Services One Stop, to receive consideration for priority registration.
- Registration dates and times are posted on the college website
- Pay attention to important dates (last day to add, drop with refund, without a "W", and with a "W") and remember that it is your responsibility to drop your class(es).
- To avoid a possible overpayment, please remember to inform the VA Department or your VA Certifying Official of any schedule changes as soon as possible. This contact information is located at http://www.vvc.edu/veterans/contact-us.shtml.
- As always adjustments are submitted to the VA for an attendance status of “No Shows” "FW's", "EW's", and “Withdrawals”.
Step 5: Submit the GI Bill® Student Information Sheet & other documents to the Veterans Resource Center
IMPORTANT: For ease of processing, please use the fillable fields on the PDF documents we have provided to you online. Please do not print and fill them out by hand.
- Complete the GI Bill® Student Information Sheet
- Complete the GI Bill® Student Certification Form
- Current Veteran's Education Plan (VSEP)
- A copy of the Certificate of Eligibility (if you have received it from the VA)
- A Certifying Official will verify that the courses match the student's VSEP before proceeding.
- Once certification at Victor Valley College is complete, students will receive an email that verifies their enrollment status.
- Veterans/dependents may call 1-888-GIBILL-1 to verify enrollment and payment status.
Step 6: Apply for Financial Aid
- Optional but highly recommended
- Apply here: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
- VVC's school code: 001335