skip navigation

This page is designed for modern browsers. You will have a better experience with a better browser.

Print this page

Continuing Veteran Student

You are classified as a Continuing Student if you have attended Victor Valley College and received educational benefits in the previous term and would like to access your educational benefits again for the current term.

Step 1: Submit a copy of a current class schedule

  • Ensure that your classes are on your current Veteran Student Education Plan
    • The VA requires that GI Bill® students have a current GI Bill® Education plan, prepared by a VVC Counselor, in their VA File. The Ed Plan must show the student’s declared program and have all prior credits evaluated. When you make your appointment with a VVC counselor, please indicate that you are a GI Bill® student, and bring to your appointment copies of any previous college transcripts.

** Students using the Post 9/11 GI Bill® that are in less than half time (ie. 16 weeks: 5 units; 8 weeks: 2 units; 6 weeks: 1 unit) will NOT receive their basic allowance for housing (BAH); however, certified enrollment will count against remaining benefits timeframe.

Step 2: Register for classes using WebAdvisor

  • Veterans Priority Registration Eligibility Requirement:
    • Veterans will receive 4 years of priority registration from the date of separation as listed on the DD214. Submit your DD214 to Admissions and Records (Window 1-4) located in building 52 for approval 
  • Veterans/dependents should enroll in courses that are listed in the VSEP
  • Registration dates and times are posted on the college website 
  • Pay attention to important dates (last day to add, drop with refund, without a "W", and with a "W") and remember that it is your responsibility to drop your class

Step 3: Submit the Veterans Student Information Sheet & other documents

  • A valid picture Identification
  • A copy of the Veterans Student Information Sheet. It can be located on the Veterans Services Home Page under Forms Complete the form and print it out
  • Veterans Certification Form
  • Current Veteran's Education Plan (VSEP)
  • A copy of the Certificate of Eligibility (if you have received it from the VA)
  • A Certifying Official will verify that the courses match the student's Veteran Student Education Plan (VSEP) before proceeding with VA certification
  • Once certification at Victor Valley College is complete, students will receive a VA Certification ID number. Veterans/dependents may call 1-888-GIBILL-1 to verify enrollment and payment status

    To avoid a possible overpayment please remember to inform the VA Department or your VA Certifying Official of any schedule changes as soon as possible. This contact information is located at . As always adjustments are submitted to the VA for an attendance status of “No Shows” "FW's" and “Withdrawals”

Step 4: Apply for Financial Aid



Last Updated 2/6/17