Guest Veteran Student
You are classified as a New Student if you are currently enrolled at another institution and would like to take additional classes at Victor Valley College to satisfy degree requirements at your primary institution.
Step 1: Complete Enrollment Process at Victor Valley College
- Submit an application for admission.
- Wait 24-48 hours for processing
- Set up your WebAdvisor account
- Take the Assessment Test (if applicable)
- Complete the New Student Online Orientation
Step 2: Mail or hand-carry Official Transcripts to Victor Valley College Admission & Records
NOTE: Transcripts are necessary if you're planning to take a Math course, English course, or any course that has a Math or English prerequisite.
- Transcripts must be official, sealed, and less than 90 days old
- To obtain official transcripts from any other college or educational organization, please contact that institution directly
Step 3: Register for classes using WebAdvisor
- Veterans Priority Registration Eligibility Requirement:
- Veterans will receive priority registration from the date of separation as listed on the DD214. Submit your DD214 to Admissions and Records (Windows 1-4) located in building 52 for approval
- Registration dates and times are posted on the college website
- Pay attention to important dates (last day to add, drop with refund, without a "W", and with a "W") and remember that it is your responsibility to drop your class
To avoid a possible overpayment please remember to inform the VA Department or your VA Certifying Official of any schedule changes as soon as possible. This contact information is located at http://www.vvc.edu/veterans/contact-us.shtml .
As always adjustments are submitted to the VA for an attendance status of “No Shows” "FW's" and “Withdrawals”
Step 4: Submit the Veterans Student Information Sheet & other documents
- A valid picture Identification
- A copy of the Student Information Sheet. It can be located on the Veterans Services Home Page under Forms. Complete the form and print it out
- This form must be typed using the fillable PDF, forms filled in by hand will not be accepted.
- A Certifying Official will verify that the courses match the student's Parent Letter before proceeding with VA certification
- Once certification at Victor Valley College is complete, students will receive a VA Certification ID number.
- Veterans/dependents may call 1-888-GIBILL-1 to verify enrollment and payment status
Have questions or you are unsure about something on this list? CONTACT US AT: (760) 245-4271, extensions 2245 or 2235.
Last Updated 2/6/17