Guest Veteran Student
You are classified as a New Student if you are currently enrolled at another institution and would like to take additional classes at Victor Valley College to satisfy degree requirements at your primary institution.
**NEW Process Starting Spring 2014**
The VA no longer requires institutions to verify when a Veteran Student receives an “F” grade(s), however if you receive an “FW” grade a letter is sent to the instructor to provide the Certifying Official with the last date of attendance and the method used to determine this date. Once this letter has been received the adjustment(s) is then submitted to the VA for further processing and may result in an overpayment owed by the student. To avoid a possible overpayment please remember to inform the VA Department or your VA Certifying Official of any schedule changes as soon as possible. This contact information is located at http://www.vvc.edu/veterans/contact-us.shtml .
As always adjustments are submitted to the VA for an attendance status of “No Shows” and “Withdrawals”.
Step 1: Complete Enrollment Process at Victor Valley College
- Submit an application for admission.
- Wait 24-48 hours for processing
- Set up your WebAdvisor account
- Take the Assessment Test (if applicable)
- Complete the New Student Online Orientation
Step 2: Mail or hand-carry Official Transcripts to Victor Valley College Admission & Records
NOTE: Transcripts are necessary if you're planning to take a Math course, English course, or any course that has a Math or English prerequisite.
- Transcripts must be official, sealed, and less than 90 days old
- To obtain official transcripts from any other college or educational organization, please contact that institution directly
Step 3: Register for classes using WebAdvisor
- Veterans Priority Registration Eligibility Requirement:
- Veterans will receive priority registration from the date of separation as listed on the DD214. Submit your DD214 to Admissions and Records (Windows 1-4) located in building 52 for approval
- Registration dates and times are posted on the college website
ASSET "Priority Registration Information" CANNOT BE SHOWN IN WYSIWYG
- Pay attention to important dates (last day to add, drop with refund, without a "W", and with a "W") and remember that it is your responsibility to drop your class
Step 4: Submit the Veterans Student Information Sheet & other documents
- A valid picture Identification
- A copy of the Student Information Sheet. It can be located on the Veterans Services Home Page under Forms. Complete the form and print it out
- This form must be typed using the fillable PDF, forms filled in by hand will not be accepted.
- A Certifying Official will verify that the courses match the student's Parent Letter before proceeding with VA certification
- Once certification at Victor Valley College is complete, students will receive a VA Certification ID number.
- Veterans/dependents may call 1-888-GIBILL-1 to verify enrollment and payment status
Have questions or you are unsure about something on this list? CONTACT US AT: (760) 245-4271, extensions 2245 or 2202.
Last Updated 8/17/16