Transfer Veteran Student
You are classified as a Transfer Student if you have previously received educational benefits at another institution and would like to resume your educational benefits at Victor Valley College.
**NEW Process Starting Spring 2014**
The VA no longer requires institutions to verify when a Veteran Student receives an “F” grade(s), however if you receive an “FW” grade a letter is sent to the instructor to provide the Certifying Official with the last date of attendance and the method used to determine this date. Once this letter has been received the adjustment(s) is then submitted to the VA for further processing and may result in an overpayment owed by the student. To avoid a possible overpayment please remember to inform the VA Department or your VA Certifying Official of any schedule changes as soon as possible. This contact information is located at http://www.vvc.edu/veterans/contact-us.shtml .
As always adjustments are submitted to the VA for an attendance status of “No Shows” and “Withdrawals”.
Step 1: Apply for Veteran Educational Benefits
- Chapter 33, 30, VRAP, 1606 or 1607: Complete Form 22-1995 or Chapter 35: Complete Form 22-5495 or Chapter 31: Submit Form 28-1905
- Application may be submitted online at www.gibill.va.gov
- Provide a copy of the Change of Program/location Form to the VA Certifying Official or complete the form online and submit directly to the VA
** Students using the Post 9/11 GI Bill that are in less than half time (ie. 16 weeks: 5 units; 8 weeks: 2 units; 6 weeks: 1 unit) will NOT receive their basic allowance for housing (BAH); however, certified enrollment will count against remaining benefits timeframe.
Step 2: Complete Enrollment Process at Victor Valley College (If applicable)
- Submit an application for admission
- Wait 24-48 hours for processing
- Set up your WebAdvisor account
- Take the Assessment Test
- Complete New Student Online Orientation
Step 3: Mail or hand-carry Official Transcripts to Victor Valley College
- Transcripts must be official, sealed, and less than 90 days old
- Request a copy of your Joint Service military transcripts (Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard).You will need to include an official copy of your military transcripts. Request your CCAF (Air Force) transcript here
- To obtain official transcripts from any other college or educational organization, please contact that institution directly
Step 4: Make an appointment with the VA Education Counselor for a Veteran Student Education Plan (VSEP)
- A student may only pursue one educational goal at a time. When registering for classes refer to your copy of the VSEP. The VA certifying official will certify only the classes that are on your VSEP
- The VA requires that GI Bill ® students have a current GI Bill ® Education plan, prepared by a VVC Counselor, in their VA File. The Ed Plan must show the student’s declared program and have all prior credits evaluated. When you make your appointment with a VVC counselor, please indicate that you are a GI Bill ® student, and bring to your appointment copies of any previous college transcripts.
Step 5: Register for classes using WebAdvisor
- Veterans Priority Registration Eligibility Requirement:
- Veterans will receive priority registration from the date of separation as listed on the DD214. Submit your DD214 to Admissions and Records (Windows 1-4) located in building 52 for approval ( http://www.vvc.edu/schedule/spring-2015/Spring-2015-Registration-Dates.pdf )
- Registration dates and times are posted on the college website (
- Pay attention to important dates (last day to add, drop with refund, without a "W", and with a "W") and remember that it is your responsibility to drop your class
Step 6: Submit the Veteran's Student Information Sheet & other documents
- A valid picture Identification
- A copy of the Student Information Sheet.It can be located on the Veterans Services Home Page under Forms. Complete the form and print it out
- Current class schedule
- Current Veteran's Education Plan (VSEP)
- A copy of the Certificate of Eligibility (if you have received it from the VA)
- A Certifying Official will verify that the courses match the student's Veteran Student Education Plan (VSEP) before proceeding with VA certification
- Once certification at Victor Valley College is complete, students will receive a VA Certification ID number
- Veterans/dependents may call 1-888-GIBILL-1 to verify enrollment and payment status
Step 7: Apply for Financial Aid
- Optional, but highly recommended
- Apply here: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
- VVC's school code: 001335