Transfer Veteran Student
You are classified as a Transfer Student if you have previously received educational benefits at another institution and would like to resume your educational benefits at Victor Valley College.
Step 1: Apply for Veteran Educational Benefits
- Chapter 33, 30, 1606 or 1607: Complete Form 22-1995 or Chapter 35: Complete Form 22-5495 or Chapter 31: Submit Form 28-1905
- Application may be submitted online
- Provide a copy of the Change of Program/location Form to the VA Certifying Official or complete the form online and submit directly to the VA
** Students using the Post 9/11 GI Bill that are in less than half time (ie. 16 weeks: 5 units; 8 weeks: 2 units; 6 weeks: 1 unit) will NOT receive their basic allowance for housing (BAH); however, certified enrollment will count against remaining benefits timeframe.
Step 2: Complete Enrollment Process at Victor Valley College (If applicable)
- Submit an application for admission
- Wait 24-48 hours for processing
- Set up your WebAdvisor account
- Take the Assessment Test
- Complete New Student Online Orientation
Step 3: Mail or hand-carry Official Transcripts to Victor Valley College
- Transcripts must be official, sealed, and less than 90 days old
- Request a copy of your Joint Service military transcripts (Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard). You will need to include an official copy of your military transcripts.
- NOTE: The JST Transcripts website currently has a security certificate error. As VVC has no control over the JST Transcript website, you must continue past the error to use the JST system and request your military transcripts.
- Request your CCAF (Air Force) transcript here
- To obtain official transcripts from any other college or educational organization, please contact that institution directly
Step 4: Make an appointment with the VA Education Counselor for a Veteran Student Education Plan (VSEP)
- A student may only pursue one educational goal at a time. When registering for classes refer to your copy of the VSEP. The VA certifying official will certify only the classes that are on your VSEP
- The VA requires that GI Bill ® students have a current GI Bill ® Education plan, prepared by a VVC Counselor, in their VA File. The Ed Plan must show the student’s declared program and have all prior credits evaluated. When you make your appointment with a VVC counselor, please indicate that you are a GI Bill ® student, and bring to your appointment copies of any previous college transcripts.
Step 5: Register for classes using WebAdvisor
- Veterans Priority Registration Eligibility Requirement:
- Veterans will receive priority registration from the date of separation as listed on the DD214. Submit your DD214 to Admissions and Records (Windows 1-4) located in building 52 for approval
- Registration dates and times are posted on the college website
- Pay attention to important dates (last day to add, drop with refund, without a "W", and with a "W") and remember that it is your responsibility to drop your class
To avoid a possible overpayment please remember to inform the VA Department or your VA Certifying Official of any schedule changes as soon as possible. This contact information is located at http://www.vvc.edu/veterans/contact-us.shtml .
As always adjustments are submitted to the VA for an attendance status of “No Shows” "FW's" and “Withdrawals”.
Step 6: Submit the Veteran's Student Information Sheet & other documents
- A valid picture Identification
- A copy of the Student Information Sheet can be located on the Veterans Services Home Page under Forms. Complete the form and print it out
- Veteran's Certification Form
- Current Veteran's Education Plan (VSEP)
- A copy of the Certificate of Eligibility (if you have received it from the VA)
- A Certifying Official will verify that the courses match the student's Veteran Student Education Plan (VSEP) before proceeding with VA certification
- Once certification at Victor Valley College is complete, students will receive a VA Certification ID number
- Veterans/dependents may call 1-888-GIBILL-1 to verify enrollment and payment status
Step 7: Apply for Financial Aid
- Optional, but highly recommended
- Apply here: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
- VVC's school code: 001335
Last Updated 2/7/18