skip navigation

This page is designed for modern browsers. You will have a better experience with a better browser.

Print this page

Transfer Veteran Student

You are classified as a Transfer Student if you have previously received educational benefits at another institution and would like to resume your educational benefits at Victor Valley College.

Step 1: Apply for Veteran Educational Benefits

  • Chapter 33, 30, 1606 or 1607: Complete Form 22-1995 or Chapter 35: Complete Form 22-5495 or Chapter 31: Submit Form 28-1905
  • Application may be submitted online 
  • Provide a copy of the Change of Program/location Form to the VA Certifying Official or complete the form online and submit directly to the VA

** Students using the Post 9/11 GI Bill ® that are in less than half time (ie. 16 weeks: 5 units; 8 weeks: 2 units; 6 weeks: 1 unit) will NOT receive their basic allowance for housing (BAH); however, certified enrollment will count against remaining benefits timeframe.

Step 2: Complete Enrollment Process at Victor Valley College (If applicable)

  • Submit an application for admission
  • Wait 24-48 hours for processing
  • Set up your WebAdvisor account
  • Take the Assessment Test
  • Complete New Student Online Orientation

Step 3: Mail or hand-carry Official Transcripts to Victor Valley College

  • Transcripts must be official, sealed, and less than 90 days old
  • Request a copy of your Joint Service military transcripts (Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard). You will need to include an official copy of your military transcripts. 
    • NOTE: The JST Transcripts website currently has a security certificate error. As VVC has no control over the JST Transcript website, you must continue past the error to use the JST system and request your military transcripts.

Step 4: Make an appointment with the VA Education Counselor for a Veteran Student Education Plan (VSEP)

  • A student may only pursue one educational goal at a time. When registering for classes refer to your copy of the VSEP. The VA certifying official will certify only the classes that are on your VSEP
  • The VA requires that GI Bill ® students have a current GI Bill ® Education plan, prepared by a VVC Counselor, in their VA File. The Ed Plan must show the student’s declared program and have all prior credits evaluated. When you make your appointment with a VVC counselor, please indicate that you are a GI Bill ® student, and bring to your appointment copies of any previous college transcripts.

Step 5: Register for classes using WebAdvisor

  • Veterans Priority Registration Eligibility Requirement:
    • Veterans will receive priority registration from the date of separation as listed on the DD214. Submit your DD214 to Admissions and Records (Windows 1-4) located in building 52 for approval
  • Registration dates and times are posted on the college website 
  • Pay attention to important dates (last day to add, drop with refund, without a "W", and with a "W") and remember that it is your responsibility to drop your class

    To avoid a possible overpayment please remember to inform the VA Department or your VA Certifying Official of any schedule changes as soon as possible. This contact information is located at .  

    As always adjustments are submitted to the VA for an attendance status of “No Shows” "FW's" and “Withdrawals”. 

Step 6: Submit the Veteran's Student Information Sheet & other documents

  • A valid picture Identification
  • A copy of the Student Information Sheet can be located on the Veterans Services Home Page under Forms. Complete the form and print it out
  • Veteran's Certification Form
  • Current Veteran's Education Plan (VSEP)
  • A copy of the Certificate of Eligibility (if you have received it from the VA)
  • A Certifying Official will verify that the courses match the student's Veteran Student Education Plan (VSEP) before proceeding with VA certification
  • Once certification at Victor Valley College is complete, students will receive a VA Certification ID number
  • Veterans/dependents may call 1-888-GIBILL-1 to verify enrollment and payment status

Step 7: Apply for Financial Aid


Last Updated 3/22/18