AB-540/DREAMERS | Welcome
Victor Valley College (VVC) supports the educational, personal, and career growth and development of our students and embraces a diverse student population. AB 540 students, also known as DREAMERS, are students who presently do not have legal residency status in the United States. In 2001, the state of California made it possible for AB 540 students to attend a California Community College (CCC), California State University (CSU), and a University of California (UC) and pay in-state resident tuition as long as the student meets the following requirements:
- Attended a California high school for at least three years;
- Graduated from a California high school, passed the GED/HiSET or passed the California High School Proficiency Exam;
- Are registered or enrolled at a public institution of higher education in California;
- Complete an affidavit saying you have filed (or will file when you are eligible to do so) for legal immigration status
AB 540 students will need to provide proof that they meet the above requirements by submitting a copy of their official high school transcripts, high school diploma or GED/HiSET pass results, and affidavit to the office of Admissions and Records (Bldg. 52).
In addition, AB 540 students are eligible to apply for and participate in the following programs (please contact each department to obtain more information about the requirements to participate in the program):
- EOPS/CARE (Bldg. 50)
- Cal-Works (Bldg. 50)
- VVC Scholarship Drive (January-March 2018)
We are here to assist you in achieving your goals at VVC! For additional assistance, please visit the various links on the left navigation.
Last Updated 10/3/17