Next Application Period: Due to very high application numbers, we are not accepting more applications a this time.
Next Mandatory Orientation: May 24th. The room will be determined based on number of applications.
[Application link will appear here]
(If you have never used our "next gen forms" before,
you will be prompted to sign up before the application appears)
Please submit questions to Email: Mark.Kuyper@vvc.edu
The CNA course enables students to become familiar with basic principles of nursing, including procedures and techniques. Clinical experience is provided in extended care facilities. Students will learn to provide and meet the patient's basic physical and psychological needs and promote a spirit of restoration and independence in a safe, efficient and competent manner. State approved pre-certification program. Does not guarantee certification. Must achieve grade C or better to take state certification examination. Prerequisites: See below and documented clearance for any crime more serious than a minor traffic ticket. Finger prints must be obtained by completion of class. Co-requisite: Current American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) card that does not expire prior to the end of the semester.
Our CNA course is one semester. The course consists of lecture one day per week (normally 8am until 12:15pm) and lab OR clinical one day per week (lab is normally 8am until 4:30pm, clinical is normally 6am until 2:30pm). Lecture is normally scheduled for either Mondays OR Tuesdays. Labs/clinicals are normally scheduled Tuesday, Wednesdays, OR Thursdays. The day of the week is set at the beginning of the semester and is based on total number of students in the program as well as availability of clinical sites.
- Registration & college fees = $299-$309 - Please check with Financial Aid to see what they cover for your specific circumstances
- Books, uniforms, supplies = $200 - $340
- Liability Insurance = $13 (Paid through the Bursars office when you have been registered)
- Document tracking, drug screen, American Heart Association Basic Life Support (AHA BLS) = $130 - $175
- State licensure exam = $120
- Total Estimated Costs = $762 - $957
- (Costs are approximate, out of pocket expenses are often lower)
Requirements for Entry
Age 16 at start of class
- High School Diploma
- College English (C or better)
Applicants cannot be convicted of any disqualifying penal code
- Apply for the program during the application period.
- Attend the MANDATORY orientation. Due to state law we are unable to accept students who have not attended the orientation.
- Complete the medical requirements, background check, and drug screening requirements as outlined in the orientation.
- Purchase your supplies as outlined during the orientation.
- Attend the class, meet your clinical requirements, and make sure you get a course average of 75% or better.
- Take the State exam.
Please contact the Allied Health/Nursing Office for any additional questions.
Participation in Clinicals is required to participation in the Certified Nursing Assistant Program.
To participate students will need to meet the following requirements PRIOR to the beginning of class;
Vaccination records must be provided for;
• Mumps • Pertussis
• Measles • Varicella
• Rubella • Influenza
• Tetanus • Hepatituis B
• Diptheria • COVID
Please check with your primary health provider to see if you are current on your vaccinations.
The following are REQUIRED.
When they need to be done will be covered during orientation;
Titers are required to demonstrate immunity to the following;
• Hepatitis B
Current test for Tuberculosis
Medical Record keeping through Complio to demonstrate medical compliance with Clinical requirements
American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification that does not expire prior to the end of the class.
Livescan background check and Drug screen
All of these requirements will be covered during the orientation.
Applicants who do not meet clinical requirements WILL NOT BE ENROLLED.
General Information Health Sciences/Allied Health Office Assistant 760-245-4271, Ext. 2285 or Email Mark.Kuyper@vvc.edu