Welcome | Disabled Students Programs and Services
Phone:(760) 245-4271 ext, 2433, 2212
TTY: (760) 245-3313
If you have any difficulty using this web page with adaptive software please notify D S P S immediately.
NEW! Listen to the D.S.P.S. Brochure online now, read by Sherri Pierce. Click here to listen to this audio file now.
Location - We are located in the Student Services 2, Building 50 on upper campus.
- Monday through Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Other appointments are available by special arrangement
What does DSPS do?
Victor Valley College DSPS extends to individuals with communicative, developmental, learning, psychological, physical, visual, and/or hearing disabilities the opportunity to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills for increased self-actualization and independence. These skills may also be used to gain a college degree or for vocational development leading to employment.
Disabled Student Program and Services has been designed to respond on an individual basis to the needs of Victor Valley College students with disabilities that are eligible for services. The aim is to intervene when a developmental, learning, physical, and/or psychological limitation interferes with the instructional process provided by the College. This allows students an equal opportunity to the same quality education as any other student. With the growing awareness on the part of all people regarding human rights and equal access, all students need to understand that it is ability not disability that counts.
To be eligible for the program, you must have a disability verified by a physician, psychologist or other appropriate professional. If you have a learning disability, you should bring copies of your test scores. Moreover, if you believe you have a learning disability, but have not been tested, we administer the test at our facilities for community college eligibility purposes only.
Students who may qualify for services include, but are not limited to, Developmentally Delayed Learners, Acquired Brain Injury, Physical, Communication, Learning, Psychological and Other Disabilities.
How to apply to the program
- Fill out an online Victor Valley College Application for Admission
- Provide written documentation from the licensed professional that would understand your disability to the Disabled Student Program and Services in Student Service II.
- Fill out an application for the DSPS program and give it to the front office staff with your documentation.
- The DSPS staff will tell you when you will be able to meet with a counselor.
- If you are experiencing a learning problem, but do not have documentation, please speak to the front office staff.
Current Documentation is required for various disabilities and examples are as follows:
- Deaf or Hard of Hearing - audiogram
- Learning Disability - Psycho-evaluation including test scores
- Physical Disability - Medical documentation from Physician
- Psychological Disability - Psychologist
- Visual Disability - Optometrist Exam
DSPS PHONE NUMBERS:
(760) 245-4271 extension 2212
(760) 245-3313- TTY
Victor Valley Community College
DSPS Office Student Services 2, Building 50
18422 Bear Valley Road
Victorville, CA 92395-5849
Last Updated 11/1/16