Bridge Scholar Phi Theta Kappa Membership
Bridge students receive priority registration (2b) for their first Fall semester. This priority status may be extended by qualifying as a Bridge Scholar Phi Theta Kappa member. A Bridge Scholar Phi Theta Kappa membership is a provisional membership available to Bridge Program students.
A Bridge Scholar Phi Theta Kappa member is entitled to all the advantages of standard Phi Theta Kappa provisional membership at Victor Valley College during the Fall semester of each academic year. Students are eligible for Provisional membership if they meet the following criteria:
- Student is a K-16 Bridge student
- Student’s cumulative GPA from their graduating high school is at least a 3.50
- Student transfers to Victor Valley College
- Student completes the Phi Theta Kappa application by October 31
- Student pays a non-refundable $10 Alpha Phi Gamma Provisional Membership fee.
Students completing this process will be notified of their acceptance and will be eligible for Priority 2b status for registration for the spring semester.
At the conclusion of the fall semester and after Victor Valley College grades have been posted, students may apply for Standard or Enhanced Membership in Phi Theta Kappa provided that the student has completed the following steps for Phi Theta Kappa membership.
- Completed at least 12 transferable units at Victor Valley College
- Earned a minimum cumulative Victor Valley College grade point average of 3.50
- Paid the remaining balance of the $85 Phi Theta Kappa Lifetime Membership fee*
- Completed the membership application by February 28.
Students completing this process will be notified of their acceptance and will be eligible for Priority 2b status for registration for the subsequent Fall semester. Students are entitled to retain Priority 2b registration throughout their program by maintaining a cumulative 3.50 GPA at Victor Valley College.
For application into full membership of the Alpha Phi Gamma chapter of Phi Theta Kappa, please visit http://www.vvc.edu/offices/phi_theta_kappa/ptk-application.shtml.
*Please ask for additional details
Please complete the online Bridge Scholar Phi Theta Kappa application (below) to begin the process...