Bridge Scholar Phi Theta Kappa Membership
A Bridge Scholar Phi Theta Kappa member is entitled to all the advantages of standard Phi Theta Kappa provisional membership at Victor Valley College during the Fall semester of each academic year. Students are eligible for Provisional membership if they meet the following criteria:
- Student is a K-16 Bridge student
- Student’s cumulative GPA from their graduating high school is at least a 3.50
- Student currently registered at Victor Valley College.
- Student completes the standard Phi Theta Kappa Bridge application prior to the first day of the initial semester of VVC enrollment.
- Student pays a non-refundable $10 Alpha Phi Gamma Provisional Membership fee (See Maria Rempfer at Rams Bookstore).
At the conclusion of the first semester and after Victor Valley College grades have been posted, students may apply for Standard or Enhanced Membership in Phi Theta Kappa provided that the student has completed the following steps for Phi Theta Kappa membership.
- Completed at least 12 transferable units at Victor Valley College
- Earned a minimum cumulative Victor Valley College grade point average of 3.50
- Paid the remaining balance of the $90 Phi Theta Kappa Lifetime Membership fee*
- All processes need to be completed no later than the Monday prior to the beginning of the subsequent semester.
Students completing this process will be notified of their new membership status and will be eligible for Priority 2b status for registration for the subsequent semester. Students are entitled to retain Priority 2b registration throughout their program by maintaining a cumulative 3.50 GPA at Victor Valley College until they complete 90 units. We want to encourage you to take your membership even further by becoming a permanent, active member in Phi Theta Kappa. Participating in projects, research and community activities will better prepare you for when you move onto the 4 year college experience.
Members who choose to become an enhanced member are eligible to become officers. They can request personalized letters of recommendation with information about their participation and leadership. If you are interested in becoming an active member, please let us know.
*Please ask for additional details
Please complete the online Bridge Scholar Phi Theta Kappa application (below) to begin the process...
Last Updated 1/29/19