Interested in Being a Puente Peer Mentor?
We are looking for committed student to be peer mentors to first-year Puente students and assist them in developing the skills necessary to be successful and confident in pursuing their transfer goals and to get involved on campus and in the community.
- Must have completed at least one semester at Victor Valley College
- Must have a stated goal of transfer
- Must be willing and able to commit to at least two semesters
- Must complete an application, interview and training
- Must complete fingerprinting/background check (no cost)
Students interested in the fields of education, counseling, or psychology are especially encouraged to apply.
For more information, please contact:
Puente Coordinator/ Counselor
Counseling and Administrations Building – #55, Room 9
(760) 245-4271 ext. 2627
Last Updated 4/10/17