HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN PUENTE
The Puente Program uses English and Guidance classes, mentoring, and peer support to prepare students to transfer to four-year institutions. Community college students in Puente transfer at a higher rate (47%) than non-Puente students (27%)*
What should you ask yourself before you get started?
1. Do I have the time to participate in activities that take place in the evening, overnight or on Saturdays?
2. Am I able to take Puente classes in the fall and the the spring?
3. Am I able to stay in the program for the full year?
What are you asked to do in the Puente Program?
1. Visit transfer colleges in the Fall and Spring
2. Network with professionals from the community
3. Participate in volunteer, cultural and social activities
What should you do to get started?
1. Apply online at http://www.vvc.edu/puente/student-intake.shtml
2. Meet with Puente Coordinators
3. Enroll in Puente classes with the Puente Counselor
For more information, please contact:
Judy Solis, Puente Program Coordinator/English Instructor
Phone: (760) 245-4271, extension 2330. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Line: (760) 245-4271, extension 2627
*Source: California Community College Chancellor's Office, California Postsecondary Education Commission, The Puente Project